Recent content by John_Jacob

1. John_Jacob

Magnesium Anode separated from support wire

Excellent idea! Thank you very much for your help!
  2. John_Jacob

Thanks ! My picture is missing scale (humor intentional). The wire you see is the support wire, curved and is ~ 1/8th? thick while an anode should be >>3/8th (say with a lot of corrosion) thick and straight. The size of the hole in the spud in the 2nd picture is 1/8th thick and thus I've...
  3. John_Jacob

I imagine the old 32" anode somehow magically falling out of the way so I can insert a full new one then screw it it. I don't think it effected any threads.
  4. John_Jacob

Good point. We use hot water for boiling but of course that's just drained away. Thanks!
  5. John_Jacob

I have a 4 year old nat. gas John Wood JW840S40N water heater. I went to inspect the anode but when I unscrewed it, the support wire separated from the magnesium anode leaving the anode behind in the tank. I believe the anode is 'rusted' tight to the insertion hole. Questions are; 1) looking...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks