Recent content by John_

1. John_

Toto Drake II -- perplexed by leak

I've already snugged the flush valve (did not sand). The really strange thing is that the leak does not seem to be coming from the tank -- at least no visible food-colored water is leaking that I can detect. How sensitive is the tank-to-bowl connection? The tank is snug to the bowl at the 3...
  2. John_

Toto Drake II -- perplexed by leak

I have a Toto Drake II (new install) where water is very slowly leaking between the tank and the bowl and I cannot figure out how this is occuring. After discovering the leak I detached the tank, filled with water and food coloring and let it stand over a bucket to see if water was seeping...
  3. John_

Tool for removing 3 inch flush valve?

I thought about making a "wrench" out of some plywood I have, but the clamp idea may be just the ticket. Good idea! Let me add that Toto customer service is responsive and a replacement valve is on its way to me. The tech I spoke with commented that leaking flush valves are very rare and...
  4. John_

Channel Lock brand has a 16inch plier (model #460) whose jaw opening is wide enough but jaws are serrated. Probably doesn't really matter if the fitting gets slightly mangled.
  5. John_

Not sure whether this post should be here or on the toilet forum, but decided to start here. I have a Toto Drake II toilet that has a leaking 3 inch flush valve. The PVC/plastic nut that holds the flush valve to the tank is 3.5 inches wide. I am having trouble finding a wrench with a wide...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks