Recent content by JoeyDYI80

1. JoeyDYI80

Are they compression valves that I can swap out easily?

I was just going to ask the same thing if I could leave the old nut and ferrule there and just use the new 1/4" turn valve and all should be good. That is what the guy at Home Depot also suggested to me. Once I open it I should clean up the pipe and nut since it seems there seems to be alot of...
  2. JoeyDYI80

I was just going to ask the same thing if I could leave the old nut and ferrule there and just use the new 1/4" turn valve and all should be good. That is what the guy at Home Depot also suggested to me. Once I open it I should clean up the pipe and nut since it seems there seems to be alot of...
  3. JoeyDYI80

Are these compression valves under my kitchen sink that I swap out with new ones easily without any cutting?
  4. JoeyDYI80

Low flow rate from shower head

Downstairs shower without any shower head is running at 2 GPM. So double than what I get upstairs.
  5. JoeyDYI80

I just a did test and the master shower takes about 5.5 minutes to fill a 5 gallon container while the other shower that is in the middle of our upstairs takes about 4 minutes to fill a 5 gallon container. I did not test the 3rd shower that is downstairs. The master shower is the furthest from...
  6. JoeyDYI80

My master bathroom shower head has very low flow rate. I've change several heads and still the flow is low. I took off the shower handle and the back plate to see if I could adjust the hot and cold water that is coming into the handle. However, there seems to be no set screw that controls the...
  7. JoeyDYI80

Low water flow rate from kitchen faucet

Since the flow rate seems to differ between hot and cold do you think it might be the shut off valves that have gone bad and need to be replaced? When I closed it fully and the reopened the hot valve the flow rate was decreased more and same for the cold valve. Can I replace the valves with...
  8. JoeyDYI80

Low water flow rate from kitchen faucet

We installed a new faucet about 2 years ago and all was working well. It is a Krause single side handle. Recently we noticed that the flow rate had decreased for the cold side. After a few more days the hot side also had decreased. We closed and opened the valves under the sink and it actually...
  9. JoeyDYI80

Bad smell coming from bathroom possibly from toilet

So we tested another theory the last few days. So we sealed the small opening at the base of the toilet with tape for now. The first few days we did not use that bathroom at all and there was no smell. The next day we used it a few times and the sink too and still no smell. So yesterday there...
  10. JoeyDYI80

Another thing that we experimented today was that all day today we did not use the downstairs toilet or sink. The weather got pretty hot too around 104 degrees and there was no bad odor up to 9pm when we got back home. The bathroom window as open as normal. Then around 1030pm we used the...
  11. JoeyDYI80

He actually doubled it and put a riser on it to make it level with the tile.
  12. JoeyDYI80

No plunger. Plumber replaced wax ring about a month ago. It is on the 1st floor on ceramic tile on concrete foundation. We brought in a few water restoration damage companies to check out the area (leak only affected a few ceramic tiles by the toilet..no drywall damage behind toilet, etc.)...
  13. JoeyDYI80

Recently we noticed a bad smell coming from our downstairs bathroom. When we investigated it further it seem that there was some leakage from base of the toilet. So had a plumber come out, took out the toilet, and informed us that the wax ring had failed. So he replaced new wax ring and...
  14. JoeyDYI80

Sprinkler Anti Siphon valve is leaking from cap

Tonight after I manually turned on one of my sprinkler zones for few minutes and after it was done I noticed that water was continuously leaking from the underneath the cap of the anti siphon valve. I thought it would stop after a few minutes, but it did not. When I tried to turn on the...
  15. JoeyDYI80

Need help with new sink plumbing

Yes I remembered to do that. Thanks for all your help.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks