Recent content by JoeyC

1. JoeyC

Connecting a 3/0 Splice

I think what you don't understand JW is that I am looking for parts. I really don't care about grounding, bonding and whatever other ***ing there may be. That's not my department, that's for the people like you who are supposed to know what they are doing. If you cannot accept that some...
  2. JoeyC

Connecting a 3/0 Splice

[I]Simply by the type of questions you are asking and comments made it is very obvious that you are in way over your head on this project and need some local help. Please for the sake of my sanity get some local help[/I For the sake of mine, go 'help' someone else.
  3. JoeyC

Connecting a 3/0 Splice

Thanks Mattbee. I think the disconnect is a Milbank and it does have a 200 amp breaker. This is a vacation house so I cannot just go outside, some of this is memory. A lot of the forums I have been on for various topics are guys just trying to prove to themselves what they know. I know...
  4. JoeyC

Connecting a 3/0 Splice

There is a 200 Amp circuit breaker in the box under the meter. I know the meter is grounded from the electric co-op. I think I need to check with the builder to see if that disconnect is grounded. I wonder how the house is now! As far as the load centers working top to bottom, could I put a...
  5. JoeyC

Connecting a 3/0 Splice

Thank you. I think I have the 4 wires you describe. The 3/0 had three wires 2 hots and a neutral and the meter is grounded as well as the service in the pole building (pb). The meter sits between the house (N) and the pb (S). There is a disconnect under the meter and that feeds the house...
  6. JoeyC

Connecting a 3/0 Splice

I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to make this safe. You disconnect the lugged splice by removing the meter then doing a hookup. If you don't want to offer a solution for what I describe, I understand. I know this isn't like telling some whose light bulb burned out to replace the...
  7. JoeyC

Connecting a 3/0 Splice

And it will allow for an individual circuit or two? Most disconnects I looked at are just that and have no spaces for breakers. I looked at a pass through load center. Would someone be able to tell me if that would work? It would need to allow for the 3/0 coming in and going out since the...
  8. JoeyC

Connecting a 3/0 Splice

What we did was lug the 6 wires together above ground in the open. He taped the you know what out of it, then we slipped the 6" PVC over the top so the wires come up about 5 feet. Then I put a cap over the pipe for a watertight seal. It works, the problem is that I would like a disconnect or...
  9. JoeyC

Connecting a 3/0 Splice

There's no splice at the meter. The utility service comes in at the top and the service to the house comes out the bottom. The service to the pole building comes in on the side of the meter. I can't remember what brand the meter socket and base are, but there is a knockout on the side. I was...
  10. JoeyC

Connecting a 3/0 Splice

I will try to describe this as best I can: I have a meter away from the house and from the meter I have 3/0 aluminum running into the house. Also from the meter, I have a separate 3/0 running out to a pole building. On the way to the pole building, I had to lug the 3/0 together as I didn't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks