Recent content by joepfeiffer

1. J

Yes, another Grundfos problem

So, I should make sure to have at least a 1 gal drawdown in my pressure tank, so as to keep the pump on for a minimum of 1 min?
  2. J

Thanks, Everyone for the imput. I was shut out of the forum today ( site down?) and couldn't monitor responses as timely as I wanted to. I think I'm 'kind of' getting it as far as the energy use issue, and looking at their own figures with a fresh eye, I'm not too enthused about the SQE. But...
  3. J

Thanks, TW. Intuitively, it seemed to me that if a certain amount of work was being done (water flowing), and then you resist it (regulator, CSV), More work needs to be done to not only move the water, but now to overcome the resistance of the CSV. I pictured it as pulling a car with a rope...
  4. J

Yes, this claims what I said it claims, but I'm a skeptic by nature. As far as I understand it, the claim for the CSV energy use is that restricting the flow lowers energy (amp) draw. If this is so in theory, then in the extreme, if I restrict flow 100% (i.e. shut off all flow) amp draw should...
  5. J

Hi Guys I have a 22SQE / CU301 system installed in 07/2006. CU301 went bad in 11/2009, and again now. (By bad I mean there is no constant pressure, just cycling constantly during water use.) I can get the CU301 covered under warranty (labor not covered), but am wondering if that's just kicking...
  6. J

Hi Cass I was wondering if you could tell me or post about reaming the Legend sillcock as you...

Hi Cass I was wondering if you could tell me or post about reaming the Legend sillcock as you referred to it in a past thread - "Woodford is good and reliable, nothing wrong with them, but I happen to like the Legend 1/4 turn hose bibs as they are well made...the only draw back that some may...
  7. J

Reaming a sillcock

If that's so, then how does a 'low flow' (1.5 gpm) showerhead work, as opposed to the old 4-5gpm models? I thought the difference was a flow restrictor - a smaller hole. If I'm correct, one could plumb his shower with a 1" supply, and still see only 1.5gpm, more or less, because the shower head...
  8. J

Reaming a sillcock

Thanks guys! I'll try to address all responses: Shako: ">>>but my pressure is anemic<<< You can ream all you want but you will not change your pressure. " What I mean is - with only two sprinklers on, water is not thrown far at all. With only one on, it is adequate. Are you...
  9. J

Reaming a sillcock

I have the Legend T-550 frost free sillcocks installed (six of them) and need more water from them. I'm trying to grow grass, with spike sprinklers that flow through to the next one, but my pressure is anemic. It's not my well pump (18+ gpm); I think it's the restriction built into the T-550...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks