Recent content by JoelM

1. JoelM

Outdoor Hot Water Line, Heat Loss Question

Thanks for all the responses yall. I think I'll go ahead with the outdoor line, without the shutoff valve, and I'll keep it above ground, run alongside of the house, and not worry too much about the low level of heat loss! Cheers!
  2. JoelM

Interesting, didn't know about the heat trap and upwards mixing physics, thank you both for the info! So does that mean the shutoff valve as I imagined it is unnecessary? For energy efficiency reasons I mean
  3. JoelM

I live in California (local temp ranges 40s in winter, to 80s in summer). I want to run a hot water line to an outdoor fixture, which will require about a 20ft outdoor run. There is no concern of freezing, nor waiting a little for the hot water, but I do care about energy efficiency. I wonder...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks