Recent content by JoelG

1. J

Another leaking toilet, but strange

I took the tank back to the dealer and while waiting for the new one we discovered and imperfection on the bottom. An indentation in the porcelain located at the flush value nut was apparently preventing a seal and causing a small leak. The new tank is leak free after 24 hours. The new Toto...
  2. J

Another leaking toilet, but strange

I installed my new Toto Drake last Friday and have a leak at the left bolt holding the tank to the bowl. The strange thing is that it only leaks about 2 or 3 times per day, never after use, and will sit perfectly dry for hours then leak some only to remain dry for another 6-10 hour period. I...
  3. J

Toto Drake, 3 Points of Contact?

Thanks for the input. The 3 points of contact which I could have sworn were not there became apparent once I screwed the tank down. All is well, 3 points making contact as per the installation manual, everything is very stable, and my new Toto is working fine.
  4. J

No, I haven't screwed anything together yet. I was just concerned that my Toto does NOT have those 3 contact points mentioned in the instructions and it appears that even with very tight bolts the tank and bowl with not make any direct contact. I'm hoping they've changed the construction and...
  5. J

I'm ready to install my new Toto Drake (CST743 round) but I'm concerned that mine doesn't have the "Three Points of Contact" mentioned in the instructions. I did a dry run by installing the tank-to-bowl gasket and placing the tank on the bowl as if I were ready to screw things together. No...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks