Recent content by joejvj

1. joejvj

Unusual noise emanating from well tank

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can test the bladder by draining the tank then checking the air pressure with a tire gauge. If the air pressure is low (like 0-5 psi), then the bladder is most likely bad. If it's higher, I would try adding air and bring it up to the -2psi point. Then in a few...
  2. joejvj

Air Injector Maintenance

Thanks for all the great input. But you know, times are tough. My system may not be the best but its all I've I got and it works, and I can't spend money replacing anything right now. I was just looking for some guidance on how to clean the air injector.
  3. joejvj

Air Injector Maintenance

My well has a yield of 9 gpm and I have never had a problem in this regard. Since the air injector has never been serviced I'm just wondering if these need to be cleaned periodically. Yes- the air injector is used with an air mix tank to remove iron. My levels at the well are 1.28 mg/l (ferric)...
  4. joejvj

Air Injector Maintenance

Thanks for the info- Can you point me to some web sites that sell air pumps to replace this?
  5. joejvj

Air Injector Maintenance

Do air injectors require maintenance? We get a lot of sediment in the water from time to time and I am wondering if the venturi nozzle gets clogged after a while. And what would be symptoms of a clogged/bad air injector? Below is a photo of the one installed on my system. Can anyone identify...
  6. joejvj

Removing Well Cap

Thanks for the advice- I think I will get it tested again by an independent. BTW, The county folks did not even come out. They just sponsored this free weekend of well water testing and you brought down a water sample to them and left it.
  7. joejvj

Removing Well Cap

Thanks for the info - seems like this is going to be a bigger job than I thought. Perhaps if I dilute the bleach in a trash can full of water then pour it down the blue plug? BTW, the reason for this is the county was providing free water testing and I did it. They called me and told me I should...
  8. joejvj

Removing Well Cap

I need to disinfect my well and have not seen a well cap like this before where a pipe is coming out of the top. It looks like the cap is supporting the pipe and hose bib. How do I get into this to pour bleach down the well?
  9. joejvj

Well Water Changes

By "flushed", do you mean shocking/disinfecting the well?
  10. joejvj

Well Water Changes

Wow- great video! The inside walls of the casing look pretty grungy. You can clearly see the water leaking out. Is that steel casing? I'm assuming that the jaswell seal is a type of sleeve that seals off the area of the leak. What holds the jaswell seal against the insides of the casing?
  11. joejvj

Well Water Changes

Here's the label on the filter The little air tank had a sleeve on it that I was able to lift up. A similar label said the size on it was 5X35. I will call around on Monday and see who does camera work in my area. I talked to my neighbors and no one had any recommendations. So I guess...
  12. joejvj

Well Water Changes

I couldn't find a label on the tank, but I took some photos of it below. Is changing out the backwash unit something I can do myself? I've done PVC irrigation before. What do you suggest for a replacement? The backwash output line is reduced and fed to a small diameter poly pipe. Would putting a...
  13. joejvj

Well Water Changes

Thanks for info! You guys are great! Is this "bad seal" you refer to happen between sections of the casing pipe? Just curious are these pipes glued together or is there some type of rubber gasket or seal between sections? I still believe our heavy rains (after 2 years of drought) have...
  14. joejvj

Well Water Changes

The first guy did not install a softener. Just the venturi, an air tank, and a cylinder full of calcite. The second guy wants to install this Bioshield product for $5K which he called a Halovac system: http://www.berrysystemsinc.com
  15. joejvj

Well Water Changes

That's the thing that baffling- My well was dug in '95, it is a 6-inch well, 302 ft deep @ 12 gpm. When the discolored water started to clear on its own, you could fill a glass of water and leave it on the counter. In 15 min time span, it would turn yellow. Now that the water its running...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks