Recent content by JoeA

1. JoeA

LevelGuard or HydroCheck?

Just found that LevelGuard has reset time of 40 seconds and HydroCheck 5 seconds between cycles.
  2. JoeA

Submersible sump pump - water contains sand

Another question: Can I use Liberty Pumps 280 Effluent Sump Pump as primary? (going to run very frequently)
  3. JoeA

Do I really need a check valve?

I took out my pump and I found that previous owner installed check valve at the bottom of the pump right between primary and backup one as Zoeller backup already has check valve built in... No sure how this setup is good but it appears to be working and I never heard check valve bumping
  4. JoeA

LevelGuard or HydroCheck?

I personally more incline towards HydroCheck. The only stop for me right now is that the company phone appears to be disconnected and they don't respond to email. Possibly went out of business?
  5. JoeA

With water, I cannot see any holes in the pit Usually I get around an inch of sand a year. I probably have no other choice besides vacuuming it every 6 month. I've just checked pump warranty information (all of them) and they say I'm changing my whole setup right now. Would you still suggest...
  6. JoeA

Hi, my primary sump pump pit fills quickly with sand at the bottom (water itself comes with sand), I used to put two bricks and an old humidifier filter as pump base. Just wondering if there any other better options? Thanks!
  7. JoeA

High water bills, no leaks. How to check the actual water usage?

My water bills are literally double comparing to my neighbors with the relatively same household. All appliances are relatively new and no toilet or any other leaks. I called the village several times to make sure nothing is wrong with the meter and according to them when meter is broken I would...
  8. JoeA

Why is "too powerful" sump pump is bad?

This is very valid point I didn't think about!
  9. JoeA

The main pump is currently runs at yellow mark and sits on two bricks at the bottom. I'm thinking about replacing the bricks with something lower and pump water from red mark. I definitely not going to get 10" out of water but maybe 8". The reason behind floatless option is that according to...
  10. JoeA

I wish I could, it's right behind the air conditioning unit and comed box :-/
  11. JoeA

I live in a homeowners association and there is very little I can do outside of my property. I added a gutter drain pipe in the lowest area of the house but I remember a few times when water was even higher than foundation here so it came in between sidings and the foundation. Illinois has...
  12. JoeA

My idea is to use LevelGuard or HydroCheck Hi-Lo Pump Controller with non-automatic pump so I can take out around 10"-12" of water at a time. Thats the reason why I thought more powerfull pump would be better. Larger pit is an option but too costly and I don't believe I can do it by myself due...
  13. JoeA

No really, there is large area behind my house and it kind of lower than other houses :-(
  14. JoeA

My pump is working very hard during heavy rains here and I decided to switch to floatless option with a non-automatic pump. Yesterday we had a mid-size rain here and I measuring it running every 30 seconds. The idea it to take more than a few inches of water every time. Theoretically I could...
  15. JoeA

General question... I'm currently using Ridgid 1/2hp and thinking about switching to Libery Pumps 3/4 just to be on the safe side. 1/2hp does the job but RidGid GPH is also slightly higher than Liberty 1/2 GPH (at least according to Ridgid).
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks