Recent content by Joe0735

1. J

Tankless water heater with tank

It is actually a Kohler, not a Bosch. Sorry. The pressure balancing valve is a plastic riveted unit with two dime-sized holes (part# GP500520). It installs inside of a recessThe mixing valve (handle. Part# GP77759) mounts on the outside if this. The two compress together during installation...
  2. J

Thanks, again. As far as the hot and cold fluctuations in the downstairs shower go, I am going to assume the problem is the balancing or mixing valve in the fixture. I have a kitchen faucet and an upstairs bath, both of which have balancing valves, and I am not experiencing the problem I am...
  3. J

I clarified a couple of things. Use this diagram, instead. The 6 gal. tank is not yet installed.
  4. J

Diagram is attached. Sorry; you will have to click on it.
  5. J

I opened up the wall below the sink in the upstairs bathroom. The supply lines are 3/4" diameter below the floor/ ceiling joists, then downsize to 1/2" before going up. The total length off the main run is about 15 feet. On the opposite side of the house is the downstairs kitchen. There is a...
  6. J

Should I use a flapper check valve mounted horizontally or a spring check valve mounted vertically? Which one will be potentially less problematic?
  7. J

I installed a backflow preventer and expansion tank on the water heater cold water inlet, and installed a bridge valve on farthest fixture. This has made a significant difference. The 6 gal. electric tank will be here in several weeks. When I install a dedicated return line, within the next...
  8. J

Thanks for all the input.
  9. J

Wall mounted mini heat pump combo.

Thanks, guys.
  10. J

I already removed and scrapped them, but I seem to recall 4,000 watts total (2,000 x 2.) It has been over 15 years. They were slightly undersized for the space, but I never noticed any deficiency. I have had to use a window air conditioner, and the mini split would eliminate that. The...
  11. J

A few years ago, I converted a 2-1/2 car attached garage into a family room. My boiler could not handle the additional load, so I installed hydronic baseboard heaters (silicon filled.) They worked well, and were pretty energy efficient, but now need to be replaced. I am considering a wall...
  12. J

I have worked in stamping plants for 30 years so I have thick skin. Guys with knowledge and tools can be harsh when their stomping grounds are invaded. I get it. It will be a month or two before I have time to plumb the return because people are buying cars right now and I am on 12's, and the...
  13. J

I have read at least a dozen threads about connecting a small tank water heater in-line with the tankless to buffer out cold spikes. I have not yet plumbed a return line for the recirculation pump. Should I wait until I run the return line and activate the recirculation pump, and then assess...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks