Recent content by Joe V

1. Joe V

Troubleshooting low pressure issue with sprinkler zones

It is buried in the ground. Let's say I dig ground and get to the PRV. Is there a special tool to unscrew the black top thingy? I probably should buy rebuild cartridge on the side if the guts are beyond repair. Thanks
  2. Joe V

Troubleshooting low pressure issue with sprinkler zones

As spring approaches in Texas, I decided to check on the sprinkler zones to see how they were performing. I noticed that the heads in all zones were struggling to pop up, indicating a pressure issue. To investigate further, I connected a pressure meter to one of the outside faucets and observed...
  3. Joe V

Help!High static pressure and knocking noise when a faucet or shower is running

I quoted wrong model number. The one that was there is 3/4" PRV. It is replaced with LFN45B-M1 which 3/4" PRV. I have same one at current home.
  4. Joe V

I had it replaced with new one with help of a plumber. They charged me $600. Later while I was looking at old and new PRVs, it looked like the top nut can be unscrewed and the guts replaced with new one. That is an option Watts guy suggested too. My current home has aging PRV too. If I were to...
  5. Joe V

I scheduled a plumber to come take a look at it. The area where the PRV is accessible, but there will be digging involved to replace it. Wondering what I am expected to pay for labor and parts. The home is in Austin, TX. I just got response from Watts support team. They are awesome. The PRV...
  6. Joe V

I got a picture of the name tag. It is Watts PRV. Looks like 3/4". The model is not clear from the picture.
  7. Joe V

I am heading that way later in the day. Thats a great idea to wash the label and get the model info. If I end up replacing the PRV, what are the recommendations for buried in ground type PRV like I have. I saw videos on Youtube with PRV that has heat expansion propagate back to city water...
  8. Joe V

The tenant at our previous home called me that they have observed water pressure issues past 2-3 weeks. When a faucet is open when someone is showering, the pressure reduces too low in the shower until other faucet is shut. Couple of days back, they reported that they are hearing...
  9. Joe V

Rheem vs AO Smith Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heater HPWH

Mark It is 2022 and do you still believe hybrids are not worth the extra cost? I was looking at the following YouTube reviews. They seem to indicate that heat pump water heaters cost 1/3rd the cost of gas water cost and 1/4th that of electric water heaters yearly in heating costs. 1) Matt...
  10. Joe V

Install help to attach T style pipe setup on cold side of water heater

Is there a better way to do this instead of this T thingy? I remember seeing compression style fittings with copper pipes. Are they recommended for water heater connections?
  11. Joe V

If I understand the responses, I should turn the vertical pipe thingy to a point where I have room to to make one more turn, but don't necessarily tighten it. Given this room to turn it either direction, orient the vertical pipe so that the horizontal can be screwed to it at right location.
  12. Joe V

Yes. You are right. I have a flex connector that goes on top left.
  13. Joe V

I found slight leaks around cold side input of our water heater. This input has T style connectors where the expansion tank is connected to horizontal portion. I couldn't turn it enough to make it tight because that requires turning the whole T with expansion tank. That wasn't possible. So I...
  14. Joe V

T style drain valve for Rheem water heater

I have 9 yr old Rheem water heater at a rental property and I am trying to add hot water recirculation pump to it. I am thinking of connecting the pump to return line and the output of pump to drain valve. I am trying to find a drain valve that has T style outputs with one of them having a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks