Recent content by jobuck

1. J

muddy well for christmas

Hey folks, me again Thanks for all your help, I wanted to keep you up-to-date and maybe someone else can benefit from my experience. It is now jan 13 and we still have no water (around a month). I have been getting the major runaround from my well company and it turns out Porky I did...
  2. J

Sudden degradation of water quality

Hey Thad I am not a well/pump guy but we lived with iron bacteria for 3 years and I sounds like thats what you have. I had to learn more than I would like about iron bacteria, so maybe I can help or at least bump your thread. From what I have read and experienced, it is nearly impossible...
  3. J

muddy well for christmas

thanks for the info porky I hope to have clean water and not need that info. but who knows, as I am starting to get aggravated at the catch 22 game. I did reach the driller's boss and he says anything we do is a gamble and told me to call his driller. I finally spoke to the driller -who...
  4. J

muddy well for christmas

sammy if the seal at the bottom of the casing is bad and the water entered during heavy rains last week shoud it not start clearing up soon or does it take the water much longer to perc thru to this depth. I just pictured surface water running down around the casing while it was raining ( we...
  5. J

muddy well for christmas

sammy when the plummer pulled my pump, we laid it in the field. The first 57' of pipe was clean, at 58' the rope/pipe was covered with a thick mud (still clinging to the rope etc, I could scape it off and form a ball from it) it was that way down to 100' where it was obvious that was the...
  6. J

muddy well for christmas

we live in pocahontas county, near Hillsboro. I did speak with the health dept guy today, he said we could file a complaint dont know if that would do anything. Really dont know for sure if the driller messed up at all. I have been pumping the well for six hours today and it still has mud...
  7. J

muddy well for christmas

thanks for the input just to reply: we bought the property from a realtor/developer and in the negotiations we had them pay for and drill the well. so the home builder had no dealing with the water system, I installed pump and lines myself. So really I guess I am on my own here. We are...
  8. J

muddy well for christmas

We just moved into our new home (2 months ago) and suddenly 3 days ago our water went to pure mud. Our well is 170' deep, submersible pump is (was) at 150 feet. the water level is around 100 feet with about 55' feet of galv casing. I called a plumber...he pulled the pump and cut 25' off to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks