Recent content by jmoser

1. jmoser

Pressure Switch Questions

Reach4 Thank you so much!
  2. jmoser

Most pressure tanks are designed for a 20 psi range and maybe a tad more. The diaphragms have limited stretch. My tank is a old style galvanized tank, no diaphragm or bladder, just air. Will an increased psi range work ok with this kind of tank? I purposely increased the differential (small...
  3. jmoser

1--why is there a 20 psi range with a pressure switch? Would it be a problem to adjust my pressure to a 30 psi range (ie, 30-60psi?) 2--I have a 30-50 psi switch, but it is adjustable. When I had the well service, they offered a 40-60 switch but I just kept the 30-50. What if I adjusted the...
  4. jmoser

Frequent Cycling, frequent reset switch tripping

Please explain why it is important for it to be a brass bleeder, what are the risks if it is not?
  5. jmoser

Oh no, plugging the bleeder valve means pulling everything up, since I believe it is very close to the pump/motor? Thats a pretty big job for me. I will check with my well company to see if they know what kind of bleeder is installed. If it is not brass, what is the risk? Thanks
  6. jmoser

I did replace the start relay (which had been humming) and the black capacitor, the pressure switch and the schrader valve. I did not replace the silver capacitor since it was testing "good". The only other thing that has not been replaced on the system (besides the whole control box) is the AVC...
  7. jmoser

Here's details of my pump cycling. Got my clamp amp meter this morning. Pump cycles frequently with 2 hoses running (like in 2.5 minutes). Took videos but don't know if its worth your time if I were able to upload them. Ran tank pressure down to 30. Pump comes on. Water spurts out of AVC...
  8. jmoser

Thank you! Its definitely taking a long time to get from zero to 10#, then goes slightly faster from 10-22#, then fills at a faster more normal rate. I don't have a clamp around meter, only my multimeter. I'll have the company out to check on it on Monday, and anticipate a new pump :( re: a...
  9. jmoser

Valveman, when I removed the Schrader valve cap the valve made noise for a long time, and the level of the water in the tank was dropping. Then the pump restarted and filled the tank, and then the Schrader valve made noise again, and then the pump reset the tank and it is working normally now...
  10. jmoser

I will look up how to measure the ohms, but how do I find out what readings would be normal for my pump? thanks
  11. jmoser

My red button has been reset MANY times over the past month. And, on the advice of a serviceman over the phone, I initally had to use a slight tap of a hammer to get the button to work, I was unable to depress it. It would be nice if it was just that button that was the problem with the...
  12. jmoser

Valveman--I did not remove the cap from the schrader valve, just loosened it. So I hear air escaping and it always leaks a bit when the tank is filling. I will remove it. Re: a CSV, can I use it with my old style pressure tank (no diaphgram)? I'd prefer not to change out my tank if possible...
  13. jmoser

My well pump is frequently tripping. I hope I am using the right names of the parts as I try to describe this. When it trips, I find the tank is totally empty, and there is no water running in the house. I can restart the pump by using the reset button on the bottom of the control box. I noticed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks