Recent content by JMac

1. JMac

What is the difference in these two Toto's

The MS comes with a seat and the CST doesn't. For the letters following the numbers, the S (CSG) says it is 1.6 gpf, and the E (CEG) is for 1.28 gpf. Here is Terry's (Toto's) fuller list: C = TORNADO FLUSH® system E = 1.28 GPF S = 1.6 GPF F = 16-1/8" bowl height G = CEFIONTECT® ceramic glaze...
  2. JMac

Drake with raised flange won't sit on floor.

Attempting to install a new toilet at my parents. I bought them a Toto CST776, grabbed some tools, and drove down here. The original toilet was an older 5 gpf job that had been in the house for years before my parents even bought it. I managed to get it pulled, and see that the flange sticks up...
  3. JMac

Toto Drake flushing issue (ie not flushing)

A little background. The bathroom is on an exterior wall, and from that wall goes bathtub, toilet, then a single-sink vanity. On the opposite side of that interior wall is the kitchen double sink. The house is a 3/1 ranch on a slab built in early 70s with a septic tank a few feet outside of the...
  4. JMac

Help leaky older Delta 3-handle faucet

I have a leaky faucet that is getting worse. I am guessing it is Delta as that is what it says on the handles. The faucet was installed anywhere from the early 70s until the mid-00s, and most likely they are original from the 70s. The only thing metal is the extension pipe; everything else is...
  5. JMac

Plugged drains have me stumped

I went with a local family owned business that I had dealt with in the past. Rates seemed reasonable, and he got the job done. Turns out it was 2 separate stoppages, which makes sense with the symptoms, just weird with the timing. And as a bonus, got the drain stopper in the tub fixed.
  6. JMac

Elbows in a standpipe?

Instead of 90s, could you use 45s so that what is proposed to be horizontal would have a slope? I don't know if either would be code, but this way it would at least be sloped to avoid standing water/liquid.
  7. JMac

Yeah, Jim, that is what I was thinking. I see why I was having issues snaking the tub... I didn't realize how the stopper worked and was hitting that. I now know that for the next time I have to try to snake the tub.
  8. JMac

OK, I have an appt for tomorrow morning. Now to see what comes of this. Thanks guys for your input.
  9. JMac

Would a vent blockage cause this? Or would that just cause the trap to be pulled empty (which isn't happening, at least on the vanity)? Terry, I tried going through the tub overflow, but I could only get the snake to about even with the bottom of the tub before it hit something solid that I...
  10. JMac

I hear when my neighbor is using water in my wall

Is this in the common wall? There easily could be pipes for both townhouses running through the wall between units.
  11. JMac

To start with, single story ranch on a cement slab. The main drain comes out the back wall approximately in line with the wall between bathroom and kitchen. Coming in from the back wall (based on where drain pipes go into the wall/floor) would be tub, kitchen sink, toilet, then single vanity...
  12. JMac

This really sucks!

18 Years??? Wow...
  13. JMac

New toilet search for very tall bowl.

My mom wants their toilet replaced. It is currently a 3.5 gpf standard height round bowl builder special (not that any of this is applicable to my question). Somewhere or other, she swears that there is a toilet that is higher than 16-17" bowl height and that is what she wants. I had replaced...
  14. JMac

Hybred Water Heater - Advice on model GE GeoSpring 80 or Whirlpool 80-Gallon

I realize it's been a month, but am going to put my $.02 out there... I got the GE 50G version about a year ago, and have had no problems with it. Reading online, there have been complaints about the electronics, but that hasn't hit me (knock on wood LOL). One thing I have found (and expected...
  15. JMac

Toilet seats /wood/ they get bad soon

I have a Bemis slo-close seat, either wood or composite... have had it 6 months (as long as I have had the toilet) and it hasn't started staining or anything. Don't remember exactly, but paid in the low-mid $30's. I know when I was looking, the plastic seats were almost as much, so I went with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks