Recent content by jkg81

1. jkg81

Drain and Vent Layout Help

Anybody know if something like this would work better?
  2. jkg81

Does the shower need that separate vent there or could it vent thru the next vent down the line by the washer instead? Assuming that the shower drain is 2 inch and the distance to vent is less than 5'? If so, what is size would the vent need to be since the shower, washer, tub, and toilet are...
  3. jkg81

Ok I wasn't sure if you were saying it couldn't connected to under the house only. So it's impossible to connect to concrete pipe in this case? So my options are either replace the entire 100' sewer line (which I've had scoped and isn't leaking) or just not add a bathroom? Seems like there...
  4. jkg81

Thanks for the replies! In the drawing above the connection would be under the house. I could replace some of the concrete with PVC but thr concrete pipe continues on for about 20' under the slab (not shown). Not sure I can afford to replace that much and tear up all my floors. If I...
  5. jkg81

It transitions from cast iron to concrete as it leaves the house (certain it's not clay). Why is it a disaster? Would I be better off having everything run the opposite direction and tying into the sewer line outside the bathroom (where the X is on the sewer line) instead of under the slab?
  6. jkg81

Hi everybody, First time posting, this forum has been a huge help to me as I work on remodeling an old house (1940s). I'm decent with most trades but haven't had a lot of plumbing experience and need some advice before attempting to add a bathroom on a concrete slab. I will be hiring a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks