Recent content by Jjintn

1. Jjintn

Vent on rerouted plumbing

Thanks Wayne, you have no idea how much I appreciate all the help!
  2. Jjintn

Thanks for all the help Wayne! Once last question.. While I have the walls and ceiling opened up would you recommend replacing the existing copper water lines and brass tub drain assembly with pex and pvc? Neither currently has any leaks, but I can see oxidation on both especially around the...
  3. Jjintn

I think I'm following, does the attached diagram look correct as long as the lengths and slope are good? (just realized the reducer should be 1.5" to 2") Thanks, Jeremy
  4. Jjintn

There is only one joist between the lav drain and tub trap arm, and joists are 7-1/4" tall so it sounds like this would work. Just to make sure, the 2 additional 90 degree turns for the lav drain would not be a problem? Thanks, Jeremy
  5. Jjintn

Ok, if I'm understanding you correctly I think this may be the best option. See attached updated drawing. If this is correct should I upsize the pipe after the tub trap to 2" as the trap arm length would be around 78" before meeting the wet vent/drain from the lav? Also, lav wet vent/drain from...
  6. Jjintn

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, I would like to keep the drain from the tub from dropping below the joist until it gets inside the area on the right side I plan to box in. I've attached an updated drawing showing the areas I plan to frame and drywall if it helps. The drain from the lav's depth is...
  7. Jjintn

Yes, I double checked and the drain coming down through the subfloor that carries both lavs is definitely 1.5". As this has functioned well thus far I'm going to go with your first suggestion and pretend it's 2" and use it as a wet vent for the shower arm. The problem now is that I've measured...
  8. Jjintn

I borrowed an inspection camera and ran it into the wall cavity behind the bathroom fan directly above where the vent from Sink 1 runs through and was able to see that you are correct, there is what appears to be a 1.5" vent connected coming from the adjacent wall and Sinks 2 & 3. Sorry for the...
  9. Jjintn

I'm under IPC. Correct, the yellow line is plumbing I plan to remove, and the bathtub trap arm does not connect to the "Sink 1" vent. Everything in blue is existing. The plumbing for both sink 2 and 3 is 1.5" from both traps until the 90 turning down to the branch vent (first red vertical...
  10. Jjintn

Thanks for all the info Wayne! The trap arm for the tub drain will be right at 6' from the branch drain and I believe I can set it at the right elevation. I'm thinking wet venting the shower and tub with an AAV on the lavatory will be my best option... The lavatory is actually setup as double...
  11. Jjintn

Hi, first time posting on here and appreciate any advice. I'm in the process of remodeling my kitchen and have removed a non-load bearing wall that was between a storage closet and pantry. Above the kitchen is the master bath. As you can see in the attached pic the stand up shower (1) 2", the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks