Recent content by jjapogee

1. J

Creaking Americast tub

Per the installation directions, there is a ~12" x 18" access slot cut in the plywood subfloor for the waste pipe/etc...nothing contacts it, whatsoever. What's really aggravating is that apparently A/S has since changed the design of this Princeton tub, and now has a 'waffle' structure on the...
  2. J

Creaking Americast tub

The tile is not in contact with the tub- there is a good bead of flexible, sanded caulk b/w the tile & tub surfaces. It's been installed/finished for a while, so short of a complete re-do, any such sill gasket isn't an option. In any case, the creaking is clearly coming from the bottom of the...
  3. J

Creaking Americast tub

This dang tub has just gotten creakier & creakier....I'm pissed! As noted in my original post, the tub was installed exactly according to A/S directions...the floor & stringer are dead level. When I called the A/S rep last year, they said a mortar bed would void the warranty- so it didn't get...
  4. J

Creaking Americast tub

Just talked w/ Amer Standard- had to call twice, b/c the first person was truly clueless, and could not (would not?) transfer me to a supervisor. The second person was more helpful, but after describing the problem, they zeroed in immediately on the stringer as the problem. I was well aware of...
  5. J

Creaking Americast tub

Installed an Americast tub a couple months ago- used 2x4 ledgers along back, as directed. Mfr does not recommend mud under the tub (will void warranty if it is used)- I was skeptical, but followed their recommendation. Tile is in and finished/caulked, and the tub has started creaking- along the...
  6. J

3 way switching & fluorescent lights

"1. Check the ballast to make sure it supports these bulbs." Ballast info: Philips 'Advanced' 120v to 277v Optanium 10PA-4P32-HC From the compatibility table: (4) F32T8 (4) F25T8 (4) F17T8 Bulb info: Philips F32T8/TL741 700 series, 32 watt "2. Go back to HD and buy four T8 32watt bulbs from...
  7. J

No, the switches aren't lighted- they are Decora 20A switches. Each of the fixtures are grounded to the ground wires- all ground wires are connected all the way back to the source. Thanks for your continued persistence on this...
  8. J

This is how the fixtures were wired: Power to first switch -- 12-2. First switch to first light -- 12-3 with white neutral and red/black travelers. First light to second light -- One 12-2 is neutral continuing onward and switched hot coming back. Other 12-2 is traveler pair. Second light to...
  9. J

First time post- take it easy on me, folks... I'm wiring new construction in a garage, and installing 3, 96" fluorescent controlled by 3 way switches. Power source at switch #1, 3 light fixtures, then switch #2. This is a 20A circuit, with 12 gauge wiring throughout. I ran 12-3 from switch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks