Recent content by Jimt2007

1. Jimt2007

water pressure and installing a water softener

If there is 15 psi drop at a control valve and I only have 20 psi at the faucet...what can I expect in terms of pressure in the house???? Any thoughts would be appreciated
  2. Jimt2007

Water Test and Softener Selection

Thanks Gary...I'll pass along the info. Another question....if there is 15 psi drop at the control valve and I only have 20 psi at the faucet...what can I expect in terms of pressure in the house????
  3. Jimt2007

Ok Gary...I will put all this knowledge you have given me to good use....thanks again for all your time and help! My brother lives in Calif. and wants to get a Filtersorb sp3....what is your opinion on those units??
  4. Jimt2007

Gary, What about assembly of the control valve to the tank/loading the gravel/media recommendations?? ...any expert thoughts on how to get it tight w/o leaks?? ...and I am running the brine waste line to a downspout (4'corregated black pipe) any info on distances to run that line/hook...
  5. Jimt2007

Gary, another question and is key to me is MAINTAINANCE OF THESE WATER SOFTENER SYSTEMS!! What things should I look for/test/clean/etc. basically what to do to keep it at peak effiency?? Obviously testing the water for hardness and checking the brine tank...but what else?? I have heard...
  6. Jimt2007

Hi Gary, I did get an e-mail today from Pentair Water and the guy in technical sales said "the SXT is programmable any way you want." I will call him tomorrow for further clarification. What you said about ordering the controls i.e. like ordering a car...I didn't know...makes sense though...
  7. Jimt2007

Thanks JKERN for the info...I will check it out.
  8. Jimt2007

Hello Gary, you are right the 520 gals DOES have to be reduced (520-65=455) for a 24 hour reserve and IS 7 days, not 8...thanks for pointing that out. In contacting other internet companies...I understand why I don't need a turbulator for my situation, but those internet companies I have...
  9. Jimt2007

Ok Gary...Thanks...but to be clear given this new senario of 1 person instead of 2...I can have a 1.5 cuft tank and using the above formula... 21 + (4* 1 ppm iron) = 25 compensated hardness * 65 gals/day = 1625 * 8 = 13000 (13K) / 25 = 520 gals - (8 * 65) = 520 = the gals setting and 520 / 8...
  10. Jimt2007

As far as pressure goes...I figured I needed a pressure gauge to determine the water pressure there...on my list of to do's soon...hoping I have at least 20 psi. You mention a variable brine control...in going with the Fleck brand....seems the 7000 has that feature...but may not work on this...
  11. Jimt2007

Hi Gary...Thanks for replying...I understand what you have said here. You mentioned that a 1.5 cuft softener has 12 gpm...so would a 1.0 cuft softener have 9 gpm?? Perhaps I did not expalin it correctly. The number 8 does represent multiple fixtures. It is not based on a gpm of 3.5. from the...
  12. Jimt2007

Ok…here is what I have…..Community well I have a grain hardness of 21 …<1 of iron…no manganese. Chlorine…can’t get a reading…used a hot tub test kit..showed none, but you can smell it sometimes…Ph is …7.6-7.7 SFR I came up with a value of 8 …based on the total wsfu of 10 using the UPC...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks