Recent content by JimT

1. J

Problems with Toto Ultramax

Mostly OK but bowl water level drops an inch Returning home after a long and busy holiday, I finally used the closet auger and that seems to have solved most of my problems. The Ultramax is definitely flushing better. The only problem (if it is actually a problem) is the water level in the...
  2. J

Continue problems with Toto Ultramax I've contacted my contractor - he says that the plumbing company is mostly shut down for the holidays and that he won't be able to contact them until next week. Basically, the toilet still works, but it is acting weird. The water level in the bowl is...
  3. J

Two months ago, during a remodel of our first floor BR, a subcontractor installed our selection of a Total Ultramax G-Max with CEFIONTECT finish. The subcontractor stated that the old toilet was not vented properly, so he would tie it into the vent for the 2nd floor toilet. About 1 month ago, I...
  4. J

Questions on replacing tub/shower with shower

Grab bars in fiberglass shower? Thanks for the info so far. Though we are looking to keep the budget relatively low on this remodel, we are leaning toward a tiled walk-in shower because we've been told that is the only way to go if we want to have grab bars installed. Is that correct? Has...
  5. J

Questions on replacing tub/shower with shower

We are preparing to get estimates on a bathroom remodel and we are thinking of replacing the tub/shower (steel tub with fiberglass wall surrounds) with a walk-in shower. Both my wife and I are in the mid-50's, and neither of us takes baths. We feel this will be easier for us down the road...
  6. J

Help with Tub/Shower Remodel Recommendation

See the first response for the actual question. Thanks. JimT
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks