Recent content by JimLewis

1. JimLewis

How Much Water???

Sounds to me like maybe there is a leak in the irrigation system. Possibly an irrigation main line leak if you're going through that much water. So here's how we diagnose that. First, make sure all water in the house is totally off. If there is an isolation valve that turns off water...
  2. JimLewis

irrigation flow rate/psi has me completely confused!

For most situations, if you installed a pump that would produce 10-20 Gallons Per Minute (GPM) and 65-100 static PSI of pressure that would be PLENTY.
  3. JimLewis

Digging pipe under small concrete slab/brick walkway

There are some really nice tools that those of us in the industry purchase that make this go a little easier. But I wouldn't recommend them for you. It's fairly simple to accomplish what you are after. Just get a stick (10' or 20' section) of 2" Schedule 40 PVC pipe (or Sched. 80 would be...
  4. JimLewis

Pressure up and down, surging heads

That could be the problem. But it sounds more like a valve going bad. That's more typically the reason for surging like that. I would recommend first just taking apart that valve. First, turn off water to the entire system. Then, once you get the top off and guts pulled out, turn water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks