Recent content by Jim Evans

1. Jim Evans

Reverse engineer Takagi tankless WH control protocol

PS: in the second picture, the first, higher-amplitude packet is the transmission from the heater. The second, lower-amplitude packet is from the remote.
  2. Jim Evans

The two wires have 22VDC on them. The heater unit blindly transmits a 20 bit packet 5 times a second at about 500bps burst. Just roughly looking at the bit patterns on the scope, I'm guessing it alternates between two types of packets. The remote, if connected, responds after every other...
  3. Jim Evans

I have two Takagi JRs used for hydronic heat, and I just received a remote control unit for one of them. I'm thinking it's definitely worth my time to put a 'scope on it and check out the protocol and try to roll my own simple remote with an Arduino, rather than pay $80 for the second remote...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks