Recent content by jgold47

1. jgold47

Laundry Sink Drainage/Vent Question

Thanks guys - two last questions. Given the way the tub is positioned over the drain, it wont be particularly easy to modify the setup and keep the positioning, unless I was to go straight back, then turn 90, and then another 90 and then a 45 or whatever line up with the stack. as long as I'm...
  2. jgold47

So at the top of the second loop? Like turn that into a T with the AAV coming off the top? I could probably turn that into a p trap with a fairly short leg?
  3. jgold47

Hi All - Here's what I've got... my laundry sink seems to be dumping directly into a old main stack (I think I'm describing this right). Recently, we've had issues with the wet vent in the floor backing up on heavy usage days. We've attributed this (with a scope) to a partially blocked main...
  4. jgold47

Using a temperature control valve on a washer supply?

Welcome to Michigan....yes the cold water out of the tap is about 60 deg right now. Hot out of tap is about 125-130f tank is about 10 ft from washer on a pretty direct pipe run. on the washing machine cold = tap warm/hot = Automatic Temp Control the thing is pretty much...
  5. jgold47

Using a temperature control valve on a washer supply?

I've come to the annoying realization that my washing machine (relatively new Maytag) and I disagree over what a reasonable temperature for cold/warm/hot water is. after reading online, it certainly seems like a problem with the washing machine design, not a malfunction. The standard should be...
  6. jgold47

Minimum 'collar' for sweating pipe

I'm working up a loop for a water filter and need to sweat copper joints between a bunch of different types of connections. Between each (Valve, Union, Male Thread) I've got a short piece of pipe to join the sections. Unfortunatley, I've got very little room to work with, so I need the copper...
  7. jgold47

Cant identify main water turn off valve in home

I rented a house once where the shutoff was actually at the street. No internal shut-off.
  8. jgold47

Dryer Static - modify dryer grounds....amicrazyorwhat?

youre using an extremely dilute amount of 5% vinegar. I'm guessing areas of the country have more acidic water than what this dilutes to. assumedly, everything I'm washing is color safe.
  9. jgold47

valve cover plate size options

I was perusing...I found this picture. Im pretty sure this is whats behind the wall. There is an access panel in the closet but it only reaches the the top of the tub, pretty much worthless except when suctioning the drain. This is what it looks like in there, although I cant see the top of...
  10. jgold47

Very interesting. So I may open this up, find out that the supplies going to the valves are brass, which leaves my only option to unthread them, which may be very difficult. If I cut them, there is not a logical way to connect them to something else without re-threading them? Sounds like...
  11. jgold47

I won't be able to fish anything up easily as the supply comes in on the opposite side of the tub. I can get to the wet wall but I would have to completely dissemble a built in cabinet. I'd rather smash in the front than deal with that. I assume that if there is brass pipe at the...
  12. jgold47

hmm....the supply pipes heading upstairs sure seem like they are galvanized, but the stuff in the wall sure seems like it is bronze. I assumed that when I opened the coverplate hole I would be able to cut off the ?dropear? for the existing valve and solder on connections to bring it to a...
  13. jgold47

New Furnace - Hotwater Heater seems to flameout...

not at all. and I just flushed it with minimal sediment coming out.
  14. jgold47

Dryer Static - modify dryer grounds....amicrazyorwhat?

thanks everyone. I stumbled upon the wiring diagram for the dryer, and correct, it grounds through the drum, and actually back through the white wire to the panel. Adding or changing that around would likely have more issues down the line. I've tried using vinnegar in the wash and it seems to...
  15. jgold47

New Furnace - Hotwater Heater seems to flameout...

Thanks for the replies. I assumed based on the poor performance of the heater when I wrote the original post that my pilot went out again, but when I got home, I realized it was something else. I'm looking at airflow and thermostat now... I've thought about swtiching to a power vent, but this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks