Recent content by jfr121

1. jfr121

Centaur Carbon Filter ?'s

It has been a long time since I made this original post and wanted to let everyone here who helped me out how everything turned out. I ended up using a Stenner 3gpd peristaltic pump and pump module to inject the hydrogen peroxide instead of the Chemilizer pump. The reason for this decision was...
  2. jfr121

This is part of the reason that I came to this forum and that was to find out honest information from people who have used/installed the systems and don't have a vested interest in selling me a product. I have to take all of your experiences and come up with a plan that should work for me and my...
  3. jfr121

I plan on using 7% hydrogen peroxide for the safety reasons you stated. I will definitely let you know how the system works or not. I sure appreciate everyone's help here!
  4. jfr121

And this is one reason why I am favoring peroxide injection. If the peroxide injection turns out to be more trouble then I expect I can always convert over to a chlorine system whether it is a pellet model or liquid injection type. It seems like all of these systems have their pluses and...
  5. jfr121

How often on average does the feeder vessel need to be removed and cleaned out? Is it usually once a year? Can my dad leave his home for a couple of weeks or a month without having to remove the pellets from this system? Cleaning the tubes with vinegar is something that he probably wouldn't mind...
  6. jfr121

Chlorine is corrosive and I thought hydrogen peroxide would be less so. From what I have read about hydrogen peroxide I get a good feeling about using it over chlorine. Whether that is a sane thing I do not know. I will check out the dultmeier pump to see what that one is like.
  7. jfr121

I wonder if someone makes a small pump or mixer that could be used to recirculate the bleach or peroxide mixture in the solution tank that would help alleviate the stratification of the water/chemical mix? Time for more research! ;-) I like the idea of the pellet chlorinator, but since my Dad...
  8. jfr121

I have seen another water treatment company site that mentioned using hydrogen peroxide with the HN55, but can't remember where I saw it. Thanks again for your help!
  9. jfr121

"The HN55 is one of my favorite designs, simple, accurate, inexpensive, and durable. It is a bit noisy so dont mount it to the wall behind your bedroom." LOL! It might attract wood peckers with its clicking sound if mounted there! Thanks for the info on the KDF media, it sounds like an...
  10. jfr121

I will get a 12' x 52" tank if you think it is necessary. I just had the 12" x 48" tank on hand and thought it would do the job. Thanks for your help! John
  11. jfr121

Hi Bob, From what I have read about the chemilizer pump it can inject chlorine into the water. Here is one company that sells the HN55 just for this purpose. http://www.purewaterproducts.com/waterpoweredinjector.htm Is hydrogen peroxide injection different from chlorine injection?
  12. jfr121

Thank you for your help! I will load the mineral tank with 1.7 Cu. Ft. of carbon and get some more garnet to fill the bottom dome. The bottom screen on the riser tube almost looks like a bunch of stacked plates with fine slots all around it and is approximately 3" or so tall. The brine piston...
  13. jfr121

Newbie here with some questions about a 2 cubic foot Centaur carbon filter I am setting up. It will be used to capture the iron precipitated out of the well water by a hydrogen peroxide injection. It has a 12x48 tank and a Clack WS1 valve that was previously on a water softener. Is the 12x48...
  14. jfr121

Help finding 10 inch rough in toilet

If the only problem you are having is having to hold the handle down when you flush it and you like the look of the toilet, then I would suggest having it fixed. I have a Kohler Champlain that is from the 70's and it would also require the handle to be held down to flush. After a few years with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks