Recent content by Jfenn

1. Jfenn

Rubber donut instead of threaded bushing?

Thank you for your reply. I bought a 4" wire wheel brush and was able to get it inside the threaded opening and got the threads clean up to where the old fitting had been screwed in. After that point they're a mess. I've decided to go with the more expensive option of the threaded bushing as it...
  2. Jfenn

Rubber donut instead of threaded bushing?

I encountered an unexpected obstacle in the course of adding a washer hookup to an existing sink drain. My original post is here: Thread 'Adding Washer to Existing Kitchen Sink Drain' https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/adding-washer-to-existing-kitchen-sink-drain.98440/ Turns out...
  3. Jfenn

Adding Washer to Existing Kitchen Sink Drain

My sincere thanks for your help. I apologize for my lack of knowledge. Are you recommending that the washer drain be fitted with an AAV after the p-trap? I made a sketch of how I thought it should be constructed. I thought the open standpipe on the washer drain would provide adequate...
  4. Jfenn

I can put a 3" fitting into it. See attached.
  5. Jfenn

My girlfriend just moved into a basement apartment that does not have washer/dryer connections. The owner is amenable to adding them if it can be done. There is a 1.5" drain that serves the kitchen sink going along the wall that would serve as the washer location. See photo. The run along this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks