Recent content by JFCarbonneau

1. JFCarbonneau

Condensing boiler high pressure

Thank you NY_Rob, I changed the auto feed valve and everything works fine now.
  2. JFCarbonneau

it is a WATTS ETX-30 pre charged at 12 psi.
  3. JFCarbonneau

I have a 5 year old Viessmann Vitodens 100 and in the past few weeks, it started losing water from the relief valve. When the boiler is not in use, it indicates a pressure of ~12 PSI but when it is on, pressure increases to 32ish. I changed the pressure tank but the problem remains. Any...
  4. JFCarbonneau

1/2" or 3/4" PEX in slab?

Hi, I am planning the radiant slab installation in our new house in NH. Slab is approximately 1,500 sf. I have to decide between 1/2" PEX spaced at 12" (5 rolls of 300ft) or 3/4" PEX spaced at 18" (2 rolls of 500ft). What do you think? Thanks, JF
  5. JFCarbonneau

Help, pouring foundation and need to prep vent

We are pouring our foundation walls on this Friday, May 28th and I need to know how to prep the pass-through in the concrete wall for a propane direct-vent Triangle Tube Prestige Excellence PE110 condensing boiler? Or can it be vented through the rim board between two joists? Thanks in...
  6. JFCarbonneau

Submersible pump in surface well?

Hi, I need to replace my jet pump and I am thinking about replacing it by a submersible pump. My surface well always shows seven to eight feet of water and I would suspend the submersible pump approximately three feet over the bottom of the well. Is there any counter-indication about using...
  7. JFCarbonneau

Oil burner shut down problem Help!

Hi there, I have a 3 years old Carlin oil burner installed on a OWB & OWT boiler. When the thermostat reach its set temperature and shut down the furnace, the oil burner will cycle on and off very rapidly 6 or 7 times at one second interval before stopping completely. it makes a sound...
  8. JFCarbonneau

Underfloor hydronic in the Northeast?

Thank you Dana, this is very helpful. JF
  9. JFCarbonneau

Underfloor hydronic in the Northeast?

Hi, My wife and I are in the process of buying a modular home in New Hampshire and we would like to use radiant floor as our main source of heating. We have heard however that underfloor radiant heating isn’t working too well with our Northeastern winters. Apparently, the system is...
  10. JFCarbonneau

Electric water heater for radiant heat?

We are presently planning the construction of a new 1,500 square foot home in New Hampshire and we are thinking about using hydronic radiant floor as our main heating system. The size of the conditioned area will be ~3,400 square foot counting the basement and a 400 SF loft. We were...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks