Recent content by jetdad

1. J

Help! Cloudy water from new well

Second well is 75' from neighbor(with his blessing) and his water is crystal clear. He says his well is 285' but the logs are not available. We have hit sand at 242' both times with 16' zone. I thought we were giong deeper the second try but he stopped at 275' and completed the 16' zone. He said...
  2. J

It does have a screen, .020 with a gravel pack. It acts like colloidal clay. Driller thinks it's shale. I talked to him today and asked about jetting and he said he would do it if it does not clear. Says he does not like jetting because it can screw up the formation. Thanks, I'll get back with...
  3. J

Thanks for the replies. I promise it's not air. It's very dirty when you turn it on after resting and partially clears after running awhile and I've let it sit for days. It does not settle. It looks like shale. What does jetting do and what is a surge block? Is that flooding the well? The sand...
  4. J

Nothing settles at the bottom with either well. I put a 1 micron filter on the first well and it had no effect so we are sub micron. That's why I was curious about the Freshpoint. It would be a last resort. The second well runs cloudy for 15 min. before beginnig to clear but the best it gets...
  5. J

I'm on my second well. First well would not clear after 1 1/2 months of running on a timer off and on. It would finally clear pretty good after running for 15 minutes but who wants to run 150 gallons before you can get a drink. Driller did a new well same sand, different location, looks like...
  6. J

Pentair Freshpoint water filter

I'm in Grayson county which is north Texas. It is in sand. They hit sand after going through shale at 242'. We are pumping from a zone 16' thick. I watched them complete the gravel pack but did not see the bentonite go in. Thanks for the reply.
  7. J

Pentair Freshpoint water filter

I had a new well drilled 2 months ago and can't get the water to clear. I have run it open flow (20GPM) for two weeks and at the suggestion of a well service professional ran it with a choke at 10GPM for two hours and then rest for 30 min., for two weeks. It is very cloudy (can't see through it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks