Recent content by JesseBrud

1. JesseBrud

Acrylic Shower Pan and Cement Board Installation

Jim - thanks a ton. That makes total sense.
  2. JesseBrud

Acrylic Shower Pan and Cement Board Installation

Hello, I am finishing my basement -- in my bathroom, I'll be installing an acrylic shower pan with tiled walls in the shower stall. Once I get the pan set in the mortar bed and nailed (through the nailing flange) to the wall studs and everyting sets solidly - do I run my cement board down...
  3. JesseBrud

Labeling PEX Pipe

I have installed a Hot and Cold PEX manifold in my basement and I'd like to label the individual lines. I've read that certain adhesives can damage the PEX piping -- does anyone know what I can safely use to label my PEX pipe? Thanks
  4. JesseBrud

Labeling PEX Pipe

I have installed a Hot and Cold PEX manifold in my basement and I'd like to label the individual lines. I've read that certain adhesives can damage the PEX piping -- does anyone know what I can safely use to label my PEX pipe? Thanks
  5. JesseBrud

Tapping into main stack cleanout

so it sounds like my best option is to just cut in a new tee in the main stack below the cleanout? Since the stack is PVC, that's not a terribly big deal.
  6. JesseBrud

But could I put in a 4 x 1 1/2 tee and add a 4" cleanout above it? Then use the 1 1/2 tee for my fixture drain?
  7. JesseBrud

I am putting a wet bar in my basement and I was wondering if it's OK to tap into the 4" cleanout in the main waste stack in the basement. There is a 4" cap (threaded) on the cleanout -- can I remove the cap and run a threaded 4" pipe (on one end) out of it and reduce it down to 1.5" for the wet...
  8. JesseBrud

I am putting a wet bar in my basement and I was wondering if it's OK to tap into the 4" cleanout in the main waste stack in the basement. There is a 4" cap (threaded) on the cleanout -- can I remove the cap and run a threaded 4" pipe (on one end) out of it and reduce it down to 1.5" for the wet...
  9. JesseBrud

Adding a fixture to a wet vent

I am about to refinish my basement. The first thing I'd like to do is relocate my washing machine (and sink) to the other side of the basement. The house is 7 years old and the plumbing in the basement (for the bath) is roughed in. There is currently a 2 inch drain with 1 1/2 vent stack above...
  10. JesseBrud

Relocating washing machine in basement

I am about to refinish my basement. The first thing I'd like to do is relocate my washing machine (and sink) to the other side of the basement. The house is 7 years old and the plumbing in the basement (for the bath) is roughed in. There is currently a 2 inch drain with 1 1/2 vent stack above...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks