Recent content by JerseyShore

1. JerseyShore

Buying House... Tell Me About CPVC ??

Hi... I am buying a house in Florida, gated community, major builder, 8 year old house. Overall immaculate condition. Pipes are CPVC. All too familiar with galvanized and have always used copper. Also familiar with PEX, but CPVC is new to me. What should I be concerned about and should I be...
  2. JerseyShore

Trenchless Replacement of 76 Year Old Galvanzied Water Line

That is what I was thinking... I remember when asbestos was the "miracle" mineral, vermuculite insulation, polybutylene, fiberglass, Chinese drywall, ect. ... California prop 65 warning is everywhere today. Only time will tell, but you can't go wrong with copper.
  3. JerseyShore

Thanks for the comebacks! Most of the contractors pushed trenching and PEX. Had to push hard for copper and trenchless. Aside from sidewalk panel, this was the only excavation.
  4. JerseyShore

Sewer Cleanout Line/Sewer Line Repair Plans. How fearful should I be?

FWIW, New Jersey Manufacturer's has a $39 a year waterline and sewer insurance policy. Works out to $3.25 per month. $10,000 coverage and you can pick your own contractor. You need to be a NJM policyholder . I just put in a new water line, but kept the NJM coverage.
  5. JerseyShore

After years of procrastination, I decided to bite the bullet and replace the galvanized water line on my 1943 two family on the Jersey shore. I had a hard time getting a contractor. It was not easy to find a plumber to do underground work and almost all who did wanted backhoe open trench...
  6. JerseyShore

Galvanized RePipe- Tight Squeeze on Risers.

Progressing on re pipe of 1943 two fam... this is why I need PEX as opposed to copper for the risers. It is starting to get a little scarey. Check out stack in first pick. Very tight squeeze in there..... what to do about heating ducts???
  7. JerseyShore

Need Advice Before Re-piping house

I have an eldercare situation so I can't take down the walls and have the water off too long. The jury still seems to be out on PEX. I am afraid I have no choice for the risers but to use PEX, but I am not crazy about putting hoses throughout the house. Also, I read somewhere there is a new...
  8. JerseyShore

Need Advice Before Re-piping house

I am in the process of doing a gradual re pipe in a 1943 two family. I agree that partial re pipe is to be avoided, but due to an elder care situation, I cannot take down walls. I plan to finish the horizontals in the basement with copper and then move on to the risers with PEX. Hose bibs across...
  9. JerseyShore

Sewer / Water Line Insurance Sponsered by the City

Here it is $6 per line, per month. I have two meters coming in off one line, $12 per month. $5,000 max payout minus deductible. Better off saving and/or investing that in an emergency fund if needed.
  10. JerseyShore

PEX Replacement of Galvanized?

Thanks.... I am thinking of copper for the horizontals in the basement. House is an two fam, one apartment on top of another, so I was thinking of PEX for the verticals. Kitchens are next to bathrooms and share cavities. Elder care family situation doesn't permit me to take down walls. If I...
  11. JerseyShore

Many thanks, this is a big help!
  12. JerseyShore

I have a 1943 wartime two family home with most of the original galvanized in place. I am now in process of starting to slowing, gradually remove the horizontal piping in the basement and eventually getting to the risers. After a lot of research and trial and error, I think I have a plumber I...
  13. JerseyShore

Bell Gossett Red Circ Pump Flange Leak

Thanks, John. Sorry, the State Supply link was yours, no coffee yet when I checked this site.
  14. JerseyShore

One last question.... should pipe dope be used on the metal flanges? Thanks
  15. JerseyShore

Thanks for your reply....following up on MACPLUMB, I checked the B&G product info from MACPLUMB's State Supply link, the B&G site, and pulled up the gaskets from ****.....all state they are for the 100 Series? I watch plumbers to learn and the plumber wire brushed the mating surface, used pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks