Recent content by Jer805

1. Jer805

Horizontal Island Loop Vent?

Thanks Wayne, I'll take your posting advice to heart next time. You're right on the plumbing details. Now that I'm at least in the ballpark (drain and vent relative to island leg), I'll mock up and fold in the details like the cleanout. I think the details below the floor will workout okay...
  2. Jer805

Thanks! I know this layout well. Now the question is, does the code restrict the length of the two diagonal pipes between the 90 bend at the top and the two 45s? If not, then I'll cut them to aprx 11 inches in length so that the space between the drain and the vent is enough to fit down my...
  3. Jer805

That doesn't surprise me. In this case a sloped drain seems better than a horizontal vent.
  4. Jer805

Hi John, I was afraid of that. Still searching for a solution... At what point can the vent run horizontally? Or, can a trap arm enter a sloped (but by definition vertical) drain pipe? Other than an AAV I can't believe this problem hasn't been solved before. Thanks!
  5. Jer805

Does an island loop vent have to come to a point (45-90-45 bends), or can the top run horizontally for a few feet using two 90 bends and no 45s? I would like to run my island sink drain pipe down one leg of the island and the vent pipe down the adjacent island leg a few feet away. Thoughts...
  6. Jer805

ABS Foam Core in Trench with Pressurized System?

I also understood that sewer and water could be side by side (in CA with correct pipe). With pressurized drains that doesn't hold true, the question is how much pressure do you need for it to be a "pressurized system." My guess is it's a lot more than the 10.8psi my sewage lift pump produces...
  7. Jer805

Thanks John. I appreciate you providing the ASTM standard!
  8. Jer805

Thanks. I just found out that the lift pump I'm considering only produces 10.8 PSI, not much at all. I have pulled a permit and just started a conversation with my inspector. Thanks.
  9. Jer805

You're absolutely right. I finally got through to my distributor. Only foam core is available in CA. I could special order it but I'd have to buy some 3,000 feet. Solid core PVC may be the way to go. Thanks again!
  10. Jer805

I'm installing a sewage lift pump and 2" ABS pipe from my garage up to my house (and then out to the city sewer line). I'm having difficulty getting a clear answer to four questions: 1) is foam core ABS okay in a trench (18" deep in my area) or should I use solid core ABS, 2) same question...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks