Recent content by jepalan

1. jepalan

Leak - Connection Unscrewing Itself ???

So, just following up on this. I loosened the flex connection at both ends and got almost another 1/4 turn on the nipple. Carefully re tightened the flex, making sure to hold the corrugated part while tightening to make sure there was no torque on the nipple from the flex. Everything is bone dry...
  2. jepalan

PRV Location in Run Pictured

Thanks Krik - I thought I would close this out with an update. My inspector said the sprinkler Tee DOES have to be moved downstream of the dual-check. BUT, he said the sprinkler does NOT have to be downstream of the PRV - he would pass it either way. His reasoning is the interpretation of the...
  3. jepalan

Bathroom Sink - Popup - No Through Pivot Rod

Just installed two of these in master bathroom in order to get rid of the pop-up style. We love them... http://www.pfisterfaucets.com/innovations/push-and-seal
  4. jepalan

Yeah, sorry - the thread went a little sideways regarding the double check. The whole story goes like this... 1) I started getting daily spurt of water from TPR on my 2 yr old water heater. Check valve and expansion tank already installed. 2) After investigation, I found 98psi at city feed and...
  5. jepalan

The sprinkler tee runs straight up to a PVB in the false ceiling of the utility room before heading outside. Best I can tell, the PVB meets our code for backflow prevention from the sprinkler system without it being tapped downstream of the dual check. There is plenty of vertical run above the...
  6. jepalan

I did a little more research. City is in process of adopting 2015 UPC. 2009 UPC is currently in effect with modification. They added specific language to 602.1 as follows: 602.1 No installation of potable water supply piping or part thereof shall be made in such a manner that it will be...
  7. jepalan

Pungent smell from the electrical outlet/kitchen

Dead animal in the wall? Probably going to have to open up the wall to find the source.
  8. jepalan

Greetings - City made some changes and I have 98 psi from the source now. Question 1: Does it matter if I locate a PRV just before or after the Dual Check in this picture ? Our city adopts 2015 UPC without modification to excess-pressure sections. I assume I need to install a 3/4" x 3/4" PRV...
  9. jepalan

Newport Brass 980 Amisa, 920 Astor

Looks like Newport 920/15s to me... Source: https://www.faucet.com/newport-brass-920-satin-nickel-astor-double-handle-widespread-lavatory-faucet-with-metal-cross-handles-includes-pop-up-assembly/f115059
  10. jepalan

Kitchen faucet strainer clogged with rubber/plastic?

(I am not a plumber). I had this happen with some old multi-turn stop valves under the bathroom sink. They had not been closed in years. I tried to close them and the water would not turn off completely. When I turned everything back on the flow was restricted. I found what looked like rubber...
  11. jepalan

Please help - drain stub broke flush to fitting

Yep. I moved the trap arm this weekend to a height of 15" above finished floor - which should be perfect for our under mount granite sink and Evo Compact GD. The builder had it at 20" above finished floor. Aside: When I opened the wall I found that the Sani-Tee was not glued. It has held with...
  12. jepalan

Postmortem funny story (at least I *hope* to laugh about it someday): With the new deep + undermount sink, disposer discharge is 1" lower than the drain stub out. Drain stub makes a horizontal run behind sink base & corner base to stack. I will be removing the sink-base & corner base...
  13. jepalan

That was just a dry-fit. I'm not going to glue in the stub until the new sink and countertop are in place. Thanks.
  14. jepalan

OK, contractor hasn't come back yet so I tried it myself tonight. It took 5 minutes and cost me nothing. I used a small heat gun and needle nose pliers. Heated from inside until old pipe piece began to soften then shoved needle nose between pipe and fitting and rolled/peeled it out. Pics...
  15. jepalan

Thanks again for the prompt, detailed and generous replies. I will post back with results next week. When using the 'cut and chisel' method, is there any advantage to heating the 1-1/2" pipe piece with a heat gun after notching, but before trying to chisel/peel it out of the fitting? Or is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks