Recent content by JEM_1964

1. JEM_1964

Zone Trouble shooting help

Hi Dana, I will take a picture of the current set up. The Navien unit is the NHB-150 combi boiler and the kit I posted was for that series. I do need to get a lot more educated than I am and appreciate the patience and help. The hot water can still run cold until I move that valve on the...
  2. JEM_1964

Hi Dana, The original "design" did have the heating zones on the secondary, but they shared one pump with two zone valves. They were all 1 inch pex with a main loop also sized at 1 inch. Only one heating zone worked along with the indirect water tank because the path of least resistance never...
  3. JEM_1964

Hi Dana and everyone, I have been limping along with one zone since the last time I posted here and finally got professional help... It turns out that my two one inch lines feeding the two HVAC zones plus the one inch direct hot water feeds are all serviced by a 1 inch primary loop. The...
  4. JEM_1964

Hi Dana, I will try both your suggestions. The system is PEX, so although they had to cut in small sections to hook up to the upstairs unit - I don't believe there is anything threaded. However, based on what you are saying - I should have the plumber put in faucet connection to aid this...
  5. JEM_1964

Hi Dana, I think I am wrong about the 12psi statement, I will check that because my hand writing is awful (the 2 could be a 7). The right hand horizontal ball valve to the purge valve is the one I think is broken because I turn the handle with no resistance at all - all the others you have work...
  6. JEM_1964

Hi Dana, It has taken a bit to get here, but I have determined that the Navien combi unit reports water pressure and it is 21.4psi for the heating and around 12psi for domestic HW. I need to take pictures of the whole set up as you have asked, but the "turning off the ball valve directly to the...
  7. JEM_1964

Thank you all, The Watt valve says its set to 14-17psi with a range of 10 to 25, which says to me it needs to be set to something and marked. I will carefully measure the verticle height, and then buy a gauge to to set the water pressure. I have never used this valve to purge air, I only...
  8. JEM_1964

Hi Dana, The taco unit on the left is a 013-F3 circulator unit. The specifications I read on the unit said Max Head 32 ft. Is this the maximum vertical height it can be asked to push water? Copied from spec sheet Performance Data Max. Flow: 33 GPM ***Max. Head: 32 Feet Min. Fluid...
  9. JEM_1964

The Navien combo boiler NCB-E150 is the model number and it does report water pressure and temperature and a lot of other data points. Perhaps once air got in the system - the available pressure is not able to over come the required force to purge it. Especially since there is no bleeder valve...
  10. JEM_1964

Hi Dana, To be clear, the attic is finished with a closet for the Hi-Velocity equipment. It sits on the floor of the attic space but over the front of the house where the mechanical closet is on the back of the house half way between the floor of the basement the first floor so lets say it is...
  11. JEM_1964

Hi Dana, The top image is the boiler room setup in the basement, the two zone valves are located in the far left hand side of the picture. The blue handled bleeder valve is the middle with a garden hose attached, and the horizontal yellow handled ball valve is the one I suspect is broken, that...
  12. JEM_1964

Hi Dana, I will indeed. We did a complete remodel and the attic was reframed and insulated with spray foam insulation. There are 4 floors in total, a basement and first floor as one zone (which works but will lose ground when it is very cold outside by itself) and a second floor and attic as...
  13. JEM_1964

Hi Dana, Thank you for your post. There is no bleeder valve in the attic, only in the return near the boiler for both zone valves. The situation as to how we got here is complicated but essentially I hired a plumber because he had certification as an HVAC installer and by getting both jobs...
  14. JEM_1964

Thank you WorthFlorida, One of the issues is that that the furnace side has no drain or air vent - its all done back at the boiler side. The air handler in the basement is about 20 to 25 feet away from the boiler but the upstairs unit is probably 75 feet away (in terms of 1 inch Heating grade...
  15. JEM_1964

First of all, thank you for taking the time to respond, I agree with you that I probably need professional help (that's in general, BTW) The upstairs zone never worked, although water was in the lines as they froze during the winter (The plumber was not supposed put water in the lines until the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks