Recent content by jek

1. jek

Oil Fired Boiler With tankless Coil conversion to what?

Okay. I think I get it a little more now. I'm hoping this is my last post, but I still have a few questions. Is there any less wear and tear on the boiler in the summer by just shutting it down completely (using electric hot water) compared to cold starting it all summer and heat purging it...
  2. jek

Thanks Dana for the suggestions. A comment about your #s that I'm hoping you can clarify. You mention "A liter of heating oil runs about 36,500BTU/hr source-fuel, so at 86% efficiency you get ~31,390 BTU/of heat into the tank for about one Loony, plus some small amount for the pump power use."...
  3. jek

Thank-you for the advice about the leaks...that's somewhat comforting to know. In your opinion would the life of the boiler be significantly shortened though? Or would the call for hot water from the indirect be enough to help avoid some problems? One other thing I thought of last night was...
  4. jek

Thanks for the response Dana. The basement is insulated (not finished, but drywall is up), but on particularly cold nights (-10 to -20C) the boiler does kick in occasionally to raise the temp...quite infrequently. I'll definitely take your ideas into consideration though since you raise a good...
  5. jek

Hello All, I am a homeowner with no experience at all with home heating/plumbing so please ask if more detail is needed. I have a Kerr Comet 145 boiler with a tankless coil for DHW. One year ago I had minisplits installed to try and reduce our heating costs, but after one year the savings...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks