Recent content by jeffxjet

1. jeffxjet

How much green board or cement board for shower

Thanks, I want to use cement board, but they had 2 layers of greenboard up and I only ripped out the first layer, it came off with the tile. The second layer of greenboard is still in perfect shape so I think I will leave it.
  2. jeffxjet

Great, just what I was looking for. I'm not doing the ceiling, just the surround. I think they did use the extra wall board for spacing on the surround. My new pan needs a rough in of 36" and my studs are 36.5 so I should be okay with the wall board taking up the rest, i hope.
  3. jeffxjet

Thanks, how many layers do I need, 1 or 2.
  4. jeffxjet

I am remodeling my shower and when I pulled the tile down I took down one layer of green board with it. There was a second layer under that attached to the studs. While doing research I noticed that some pics have 1 layer of green board and some have 2. Is there any code that guides the number...
  5. jeffxjet

Help Moving a shower drain under floor

As I stated in my other thread I'm replacing my shower receptor and have ordered a new one that has the drain offset from it's current location. I'm not new to working with pvc but only in non-critical applications and don't want to mess up my new drain. My questions are thus: 1) Is there any...
  6. jeffxjet

Non standard size shower receptor.

Thanks guys. I did find a receptor that was the correct size from Swanstone. Now I just need to figure out how hard it is to move the drain. It's the second floor shower and I'm not confident of my skills at cutting and repairing the subfloor in there. There is only 1 exsposed joist.
  7. jeffxjet

Non standard size shower receptor.

I have recently begun remodeling the shower and when I ripped out the old receptor. I noticed that my rough in dimensions are 48 X 36.5. This appears to not match any of the standard receptors. Also, my drain pipe is 16 inches from the front wall and 18 inches from the side wall. Where can I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks