Recent content by jeffesonm

1. jeffesonm

Back to back bathroom drains and vent setup

Thanks, really appreciate the info… time to glue it up!
  2. jeffesonm

Thanks Wayne. Here is what I hope to be the final layout. One of the two lavs on the left is actually a bar sink upstairs on the wall adjoining one of the bathrooms. From what I read it the wet venting has to include only bathroom group fixtures so moved shower drain over to main line instead...
  3. jeffesonm

Thanks. I am in NC so on IPC. I was reading this thread and found this link: https://wabo.memberclicks.net/assets/pdfs/Plumbing_Venting_Brochure_2018.pdf Based off the diagram (attached) it seems like I can have these all drain consecutively into one 3" line which I turn up and vent out the...
  4. jeffesonm

Renovating back to back bathrooms. Was hoping to keep the 1950s cast iron as the outside looked good but got a clean out off and inside looks not great. Does this look okay? Line to kitchen has its own 2” vent.
  5. jeffesonm

Ditra Heat in back to back bathrooms

Renovating two bathrooms: 5x8 with tub (hall bath) and 5x10 with shower (master). They are back to back, or I guess more like side to side? Either way they share the long wall. I was thinking it would be nice to add Ditra heat to the master and was reading up all about that as it will be my...
  6. jeffesonm

Help wiring new house

@aaroninnh - It is not fastened to the floor so should be good there. @wwhitney - Receptacle will be going in a Raco concrete floor box so it sounds like UF will work. Also thanks all, really appreciate the help.
  7. jeffesonm

Help wiring new house

Definitely schedule 40 PVC that is gray. Yes plan is to switch to NM-B at the far ends of runs. Conduit C is just a shortcut for a three way light switch on either side of that room. @Wayne - You do make a compelling case. Most appealing is having spare conduit leftover for future use. Just...
  8. jeffesonm

Help wiring new house

That is super helpful, thanks Wayne, especially all the details on conduit fill, derating and box size. Yes schedule 40 PVC. The electrician running the service did specify a GE panel and I understand their AFCI breakers work with MWBCs. That being said, I will probably just run complete...
  9. jeffesonm

Help wiring new house

Slab was poured and house is dried in. Pleased to report that all under slab plumbing and electrical landed where I was hoping. Final layout is below. All conduit runs are 3/4". Two runs from the panel to the interior of the house (2 x 3/4" each) and then one run across the open living area...
  10. jeffesonm

Help wiring new house

Thing about the PVC transitions on either end (where it leaves the slab).... If I go to the conduit as raceway route and use UF cable, I can just run that in the walls, correct? Perhaps a bushing on the end for abrasion resistance? Alternatively, using THWN I’ll need to continue the conduit in...
  11. jeffesonm

Help with under slab plumbing for new house

Yes water too... I was waiting for the form survey so just did that as well. Pretty much just as planned, 1” into the house, up by bath 2/kitchen, back down and over to bath 1/laundry area, and then 3/4 hot returning back. Used long sweep pvc elbows to turn up the pex and risers to keep it...
  12. jeffesonm

Help with under slab plumbing for new house

Passed the rough inspection today. I ended up leaving the wet vent near bath 2 as-is because having another vent in that tight space would've made things real difficult (shower/tub drain/controls are right there too.) Inspector grumbled a bit and said the drain might gurgle a bit, but did not...
  13. jeffesonm

Help wiring new house

Thanks! If you have any other suggestions please don't be shy, I really do appreciate hearing other perspectives and ideas. The island/work table will be ~8' long by 36"-42" wide. I plan to buy/build/repurpose some sort of industrial piece so it will depend in part on what I come up with, but...
  14. jeffesonm

Help wiring new house

Austin requires an architect stamp for >20' or more than 1 story. I do have an engineer who worked on the slab, spans, shear, etc. Your concern is valid though. While planning/building did a limited technical review of my plans during the permit process, but it was mostly for stuff like space...
  15. jeffesonm

Help wiring new house

Thanks both for the detailed feedback and comments. Austin lets a homeowner do their own electric (with a permit and inspections) however the service, mast, meter and panel need to be installed by a master electrician. I met with mine yesterday an we went through the details and it sounds like...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks