Recent content by Jeff_Bathroom

1. Jeff_Bathroom

Plumbing for sliding transfer chair for elderly

I've decided this looks like my best shower option. Again, keeps labor effort/cost low by having mixing valve external. I like that I can set temperature and pressure stops with this mixer, so that Dad just has to turn the water on til the handle stops. Going with the moveable handheld can act...
  2. Jeff_Bathroom

I think something like this may work with the sliding seat to provide access to the water controls, but also be cost effective... https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B079J9LK6K/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8 I would mount this on the tub's long wall and leave the existing shower fixture in tact...
  3. Jeff_Bathroom

I think this seat may work while still being able to access the original faucet. I might put in a grab bar that he can hold onto while adjusting the faucet. The toilet bowl will be an obstacle that he'll have to maneuver his legs around getting in and out, but I think he'll be fine with that...
  4. Jeff_Bathroom

I actually hadn't thought of leaving the water turned on constantly. I just wanted him to be able to turn it all the way hot then control the water with a hand sprayer. Thanks for the thought though. How about suggestions for an easy valve/shower to install. I installed a couple of...
  5. Jeff_Bathroom

Hi, My 92 yr old Dad has dimentia and Parkinsons and is using a regular shower/tub with sliding glass door and no grab bars. He's stubborn and doesn't want to realize the danger, but I'm insisting we remove the glass doors and do something like a sliding transfer seat into the tub. That...
  6. Jeff_Bathroom

Inspection shows T&P trapped and no ground

Ok, I'm to code now. Thanks for the advice.
  7. Jeff_Bathroom

Bad leak after granite installers left

There was yet another leak in that drain pipe. I also used the Plast-aid to fix it. Clearly this entire drain assembly should be replaced, but I'm out of work at the moment and poor, so this worked for me. I think the piece that came right off also had been glued...more or less, but not with a...
  8. Jeff_Bathroom

Ok, back in business. Seems this Plast-aid works well; at least for the past 30 minutes. :-) I sanded all areas down really well and cleaned with alcohol and followed the instructions in the video noted above. Thanks for the advice jadziedzic.
  9. Jeff_Bathroom

On the other hand, I cannot seem to find it locally and I'm not sure I want to wait for several days for shipping. ....update - found it at a local swimming pool supply store. Unless of course a pro thinks this won't work or someone has a better idea.
  10. Jeff_Bathroom

I'm going to try plast-aid. I researched reviews on each and I like this video - amongst other reviews of pvc use. Anyone know how to get rid of that nasty black moldy stuff in the pipes? If I pour bleach down the drain, it's just going to go past where that stuff is. Anyone know of a good method?
  11. Jeff_Bathroom

Do you mean the 2" pipe is glued into the reducer, or the reducer itself is glued in? I'm wondering why it has a hexagonal top if it is not screwed in. I did wiggle the 2" pipe around hoping it was not glued. It seems to be glued or is just shoved in there real tight. I'm afraid to apply too...
  12. Jeff_Bathroom

First problem solved, more or less. This piece just pulled right off. It appears that it was not solvent glued at all; at least not that I can tell. The big problem now is the 2" piece into the 3". Can anyone tell me how to remove that 3" piece? I'm guessing I can use the whole pipe as leverage...
  13. Jeff_Bathroom

Seems to be my week for plumbing issues. I had granite installed this past Friday. The installers had not told me that they remove the Studor sewer vent to make room for the support and straps that hold the undermount sink in place during the glue set. I saw it just lying there in the cabinet...
  14. Jeff_Bathroom

I had to look up "heat trap" to understand what you were saying. It certainly looks like one but seemingly in the wrong place.
  15. Jeff_Bathroom

Yeah, I just have to get that drain pipe fixed. Will require maybe a 22 degree elbow to turn it laterally toward the wall where it exits the back of the garage wall. We're getting granite installed in the kitchen tomorrow, so might not have time but I'll probably do it Saturday. One less thing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks