Recent content by Jeff1

1. Jeff1

Conduit size for phone, cable, etc.

When I had a new phone line installed, the phone company made me use 1" conduit. They also told me where to begin and end.
  2. Jeff1

Shower remodel

I'm planning a shower remodel to include new fixtures and a larger shower area. The plan is in its very early stages. We are thinking about an overhead rain type fixture in addition to a wall mount and possibly a hand held. What type of fixtures/diverters would you recommend and would you...
  3. Jeff1

Adding a new receptacle

A couple other items of interest: Is there a ground wire in the mix somewhere? Can you see if one of the black wires goes to the switch with the red wire or are there more lights on this switch? Be sure to shut off the breaker before starting any work unless you really like that tingling...
  4. Jeff1

GFCI Outlet Questions

What is the reasoning used for this? I'm just trying to understand what code/physics is trying to protect us from. Thanks
  5. Jeff1

Advice needed - Toilet Stuff

I'd bring in a plumber to check and clear the line before deciding on the next steps.
  6. Jeff1

Dishwasher supply line connection/water inlet valve

I think one of the real plumbers will have to chime in here. But from a DIY perspective, I'd replace the copper with the flex line. If not, you need to inspect the copper to see if it can be reused or cut back first and see if it is long enough. If you keep the copper you may be able to reuse...
  7. Jeff1

Whole house (attic) fan. Need one w/ heavy insulation doors?

I purchased a whole house fan from one of the big box stores (starts with L) that has the automatic door for under $500. It has a remote and does a great job. I don't remember the make. The big issue is having enough ventilation to move the air. You may have to install additional vents. In...
  8. Jeff1

Stove Hood feed....

I think you need to know the cabinet layout before running the wires. The hood can be hard wired or plugged into an existing outlet. My hood is not in a cabinet and I had to make sure the box was accessable for installation but hidden after. The hood I got had to be at least 30 inches above...
  9. Jeff1

Gerber Ultra Flush 21-302 - Flushing Problems

I had the same problem. My fix was to get a new toilet.
  10. Jeff1

Suggestions for becoming an Electrician? Would like advice from current electricians.

You could look into the military. If you do, be sure to get all the info from the recruiter before you sign up. The schooling is top notch and you will get lots of experience.
  11. Jeff1

cold water surge in re-circ system

What is the time interval on the motion sensors?
  12. Jeff1

HELP>> Ruud silhoutte II not working

I had an issue with the water pump (from the dehumidifier) failing and causing the heater to stop working. Once the pump was replaced everything worked again. I also had a problem with a Ruud where the blower had a lot of buildup and needed a serious cleaning. The pro's will have more...
  13. Jeff1

Bonding two sections of copper pipe with PEX between them?

Is the metal box grounded properly? I can't tell from the picture.
  14. Jeff1

electrial for new disposal hookup

Jim, Does that requirement apply to all circuits above the countertop or only to the minimum required 2 circuits? Thanks
  15. Jeff1

Heat not working

Is the igniter working? If its like my old one, its ceramic and if it breaks the blower starts, it tries to light and fails.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks