Recent content by Jeff H Young

1. Jeff H Young

Vacuum relief valve on hot water storage tank

Thanks burto17m I dont install many bottom fed that must be the reason Ill have to check if I have similar requirements here. What did you decide on how to plumb it ?
  2. Jeff H Young

Double Sink With DW + Disposal

I m poking a little fun but really we pretty much all use black i gues because our pipes in the wall are black i think in florida where pvc is king everyone goes white on the undersink plumbing no big deal. I just caved in to peer pressure LOL.
  3. Jeff H Young

Venting help please...

wayne has made substantual comments I hope he was aware that the ground work is complete and slab is complete. because I wasent . so im confident you can get a good working system but you gotta be carful to meet code and depending how sharp inspector is could be few issues...
  4. Jeff H Young

Shower remodel- door ideas

youll have to look at whats out there , custom doors are really nice but super pricey I went with custom but it might not be feasable for some budgets
  5. Jeff H Young

Double Sink With DW + Disposal

Us Westcoasters never put in white tubular its always black
  6. Jeff H Young

might be other reasons but i heard its to prevent tank imploding thats why if its in an attic or up high you put a vac relief
  7. Jeff H Young

Drywall seams visable only at night

My ex girlfreind noticed the drywall seams too pretty much every night she would see them
  8. Jeff H Young

Replacing shower/tub fixtures and can’t figure out what brand this is

Finaly one I would have got right LOL Moen of cource!!
  9. Jeff H Young

Noobie asks ... Such a thing as a cartridge stem extender?

2 options bust open wall or get the kit
  10. Jeff H Young

New Construction Small Bathroom/Kitchen System Help

This changed a lot I didnt know this was poured in concrete use the pipe farthest from the toilet for the w/m and kitchen sink and the one close to toilet for the lav to be legal . also pictures werent viewable befor some times people post pic but they dont show for awhile
  11. Jeff H Young

Washing Machine Standpipe With a Turn

being from UPC a santee like that looks hideous but in ipc code its perfectly normal its really a non issue unless you have upc and will be getting inspected. function not going to ever know the differance
  12. Jeff H Young

I dont see why your option 2 wont work but since you already contacted the inspector any reason why you arent asking him again ? It wouldnt hurt to follow any referance to how to pipe relief valve in tank manufactures instructions? Im assuming you want no problem with inspector...
  13. Jeff H Young

If a laundry sink in the basement has a 1-1/2 inch drain that tees into a 4" waste vent below floor level, can water be siphoned from the sink trap?

its the wrong way to plumb drains will drain just aboutr any way you slop work together but not the correct way to plumb and expect problems when ignoring plumbing codes
  14. Jeff H Young

Troubleshooting low pressure issue with sprinkler zones

I can buy a 1 inch regulator identical for 65 bucks might find a kit for that price. you dindnt say what size the bigger repair kits are 105 bucks the 1 1/4 regulator is around 160 bucks plus tax. the last 2 I changed were from 08 or 9 screens were clear
  15. Jeff H Young

Water Softener Drainage Pump

photo is a poor example on how to install the drain beyond the airgap (p trap unvented trap arm offset ) otherwise good info oops forgot to send sorry but the image bannerman sent is a good example for part of the installation is a poor example on how a stand pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks