Jeff H Young's Recent Activity

1. Jeff H Young replied to the thread Happy 4th of July! Laundry room questions..

Reach 4 shows 2 good options Ive never tied into stand pipe like that thought about it but since not legal in my area never tried that

Jul 4, 2020 at 7:54 AM
  2. Jeff H Young liked Reach4's post in the thread Happy 4th of July! Laundry room questions..

Michigan IPC. Standpipe is vented in your photo, although there will probably be objection to using that sanitary tee on its back ....

IMG_5.jpg Jul 4, 2020 at 7:35 AM
  3. Jeff H Young replied to the thread Removing heater from wall.

Cut 6 inches above 90

Jul 4, 2020 at 7:27 AM
  4. Jeff H Young replied to the thread Wye from cleanout.

Yes you can run your wash machine there gotta follow code . Had to google and look at the popper valve never heard of it? didnt...

Jul 3, 2020 at 9:33 PM
  5. Jeff H Young replied to the thread Hose bibs - what needs to be done to protect potable water?.

Yes you need one on all 4 hosebibs . If you have 100 plus psi and leave hose under pressure on hot days it could blow up . What is...

Jul 3, 2020 at 9:07 PM
  6. Jeff H Young replied to the thread 1 inch compression ball valve for water heater inlet. Advisable and up to code?.

Sure you can! thats just fine . Dont put teflon tape on your compression valve or the male adapter at the flex conection (as in...

Jul 3, 2020 at 7:59 PM
  7. Jeff H Young liked urbs00007's post in the thread Top leaking hot water heater.

anode was gone. replaced and so far no leak. lets see how long this water heater lasts! going forward, anode every year. thanks...

Jul 3, 2020 at 7:52 PM
  8. Jeff H Young replied to the thread Top leaking hot water heater.

only needed to drain a little water but thats fine. Teflon tape and or pipe dope should seal it > You didnt say that was source...

Jul 3, 2020 at 9:24 AM
  9. Jeff H Young replied to the thread Top leaking hot water heater.

6 years is not average thats a short life but it happens but usually not that fast. You might get lucky and find something...

Jul 2, 2020 at 9:49 PM
  10. Jeff H Young replied to the thread Primary Sump Pump Suggestion Zoeller vs Ridgid.

Thanks I have checked them out but didnt register they seem real good on many items didnt know an additional discount was available...

Jun 27, 2020
  11. Jeff H Young replied to the thread Where to place the main valve.

So you could have a tee at the main and then a short piece of pipe then the valve but instead you want a 5 foot with no additional...

Jun 27, 2020
  12. Jeff H Young replied to the thread Primary Sump Pump Suggestion Zoeller vs Ridgid.

Thanks for the input Ive heard the same model could have differant quality. but not the same exact number. A lot of parts I...

Jun 27, 2020
  13. Jeff H Young liked taylorjm's post in the thread Primary Sump Pump Suggestion Zoeller vs Ridgid.

Especially when it says "made especially for Lowes" or "sold my menards" then there's a good chance they are making special runs of...

Jun 27, 2020