Jeff H Young's Recent Activity

1. Jeff H Young replied to the thread Copper joint. Was it lead free?.

yes interesting , And I could sign that on a home I built but on a 40 year old home that I didn't build I'd have to be lying ....

May 7, 2021 at 11:16 AM
  2. Jeff H Young liked Tughillrzr's post in the thread Copper joint. Was it lead free?.

Just sold a house and a bank was asking for this to be signed. It was brand new so you’d assume all fittings are lead free.

D5E299DA-2A45-462D-BFAB-40D14E363808.jpeg May 7, 2021 at 10:58 AM
  3. Jeff H Young replied to the thread This doesn't look right, but I think it meets code?.

Had an inspector tell me once , that if it leaks he won't be the one fixing it . ha ha I don't think there is a thing wrong with...

May 7, 2021 at 10:57 AM
  4. Jeff H Young liked ADK_MechETech's post in the thread This doesn't look right, but I think it meets code?.

Inspection passed. No findings, nothing to fix, and cleared to cover with sheet rock. Next inspection is final. I've dealt with this...

May 7, 2021 at 10:54 AM
  5. Jeff H Young replied to the thread Copper joint. Was it lead free?.

not getting much help with this sorry. to answer main question Yes I think there are people to inspect the copper to determine...

May 7, 2021 at 10:51 AM
  6. Jeff H Young replied to the thread Copper joint. Was it lead free?.

could be just a form you need to sign. my brother is general contractor here and had all this asbestos and lead training he pretty...

May 7, 2021 at 6:59 AM
  7. Jeff H Young replied to the thread Copper joint. Was it lead free?.

DIYorbust, maybe ask the guy thats asking you for the cert what exactly he needs? or tell us if you know share a little...

May 6, 2021 at 9:34 PM
  8. Jeff H Young replied to the thread Hidden shut-off valve (and can a plumber find it?).

shut it off at street Mary you don't want to be paying for water! only turn it on when you need it. until you get around...

May 6, 2021 at 8:36 PM
  9. Jeff H Young replied to the thread No Hub Cast Iron Fittings.

jwt1010, good plan I'd do that too on a job like that even a file to knock most of it off. you don't want water squirting out...

May 6, 2021 at 10:23 AM
  10. Jeff H Young replied to the thread No Hub Cast Iron Fittings.

I dont sort them unless they are real bad , if it holds test it should be good. you could touch it up with grinder.

May 5, 2021 at 7:58 PM
  11. Jeff H Young replied to the thread Copper joint. Was it lead free?.

what exactly do you want to accomplish? if your home is old enough you would be code compliant I think. perhaps you are concerned...

May 5, 2021 at 7:39 PM
  12. Jeff H Young replied to the thread Copper joint. Was it lead free?.

Question seems to have changed. I don't know how its determined if lead is in your system, I would doubt that any plumber could...

May 5, 2021 at 3:51 PM
  13. Jeff H Young liked DIYorBust's post in the thread Copper joint. Was it lead free?.

True but it has to do with a code compliance issue, a plumber may need to certify its lead free. Is this something a plumber can do?...

May 5, 2021 at 3:33 PM
  14. Jeff H Young replied to the thread Downspout Drain still draining long after rain.

how much water? are there any retaining walls that have French drains sending water to street? what about a sump in basement sending...

May 5, 2021 at 3:31 PM
  15. Jeff H Young liked Tuttles Revenge's post in the thread Plumbing Waste Diagram Check.

Toilets are weird.. They don't rely on the vent to break their siphon but the vent is there to equalize the air pressure from the flush...

May 5, 2021 at 3:00 PM