Recent content by JedTheHumanoid

1. JedTheHumanoid

How to remove micronizer and replace with straight pipe?

Update: I bought this, https://www.cwts.ca/products/falcon-gen-u-flex-%E2%84%A2-connector-1x-12-long-connector to solve my problem, as it gives me some flexibility to connect the two male threads remaining after I remove the micronizer (and some sharkbite connections with one make thread end in...
  2. JedTheHumanoid

Oops, I had meant post #8. As for the GPM for backwash, I will retest my water temperature, but last time I did it, it was 8 C. The manufacturer also recommended 7 GPM. It is a 10 inch tank. OK, I can't enter any stores around here until mid-May due to the lockdown, so I will order a variety of...
  3. JedTheHumanoid

Thank you. What I had meant, was that the small pipe that I had originally drawn as the termination of my new proposed line is only 1/2 inch. That is referring only to that one small piece. I could unscrew that, and then tie in right near the pressure tank into the 1" pipe. The run from the...
  4. JedTheHumanoid

Any suggestions on what type of material to do this? Would a brass 1 Inch ID Hose Barb x 1 Inch Female NPT (https://shop.prmfiltration.com/products/brass-hose-barbs-straight-fitting-adapters-female-npt-x-hose-barb-1-inch ) on the plastic male on the left, and another on the copper male on the...
  5. JedTheHumanoid

You're right, what I drew would connect to 1/2 pipe, and the whole point is to keep gpm as high as possible to backwash my new iron treatment system. I apologize, but I still don't really understand what you mean. When you are writing about the "barbed fitting" you are referring to the plastic...
  6. JedTheHumanoid

Do you mean something like this, where everything in black is completely removed? Thanks. Also, I have never soldered before, and don't think this is the job to wet my feet with.
  7. JedTheHumanoid

I have attached a few more pics on the first post. Elbowing up might give me some more flexibility to work with, and not put strain on the existing pipes. Would that appreciable slow the GPM/flow from the well to the pressure tank, by adding those additional bends (rather than a straight run)...
  8. JedTheHumanoid

Hi, I am replacing my iron treatment system, which relies on a micronizer to inject air to oxidize the iron. The micronizer is located between the well pump and pressure tank (the entire black unit in the pic). I need to remove this micronizer and replace it with just a straight pipe for my new...
  9. JedTheHumanoid

Iron treatment and air in lines

I moved to a new house almost a year ago. I am on well water and the system consist of: - well intake to basement - venturi/nozzle (to draw in air for the iron treatment) - bladder tank -- aerator tank for iron treatment - iron filter tank - sediment filter - water softener - UV system -...
  10. JedTheHumanoid

Slow leak at intake from well to pressure tank

Yes, I have a sump pump (and battery back up pump). And yes, it is a venturi that was installed alongside the original iron treatment system in the house. From my understanding, it is there to add air to the water coming into the house. The air is required to provide oxygen to the water to...
  11. JedTheHumanoid

Hi, thanks for the response. Yes, the system is in the basement. So, if it is groundwater, do you mean that the intake itself is below the groundwater level, so any gaps between the pipe and the wall will allow groundwater to enter the basement? Is a Schrader valve the same as a Venturi? I...
  12. JedTheHumanoid

Hi, I recently moved a new house and noticed that there is water alongside the wall directly below where the pipe comes in from the drilled well. I have no idea if it has always been like this, or if it is a problem. I have attached pics. Is this indicative of a bigger problem, or is it...
  13. JedTheHumanoid

Water dripping from softener

Thanks for your helpful replies. The water is leaking from the small nipple on the side of the drain fitting (replacing O-rings didn't fix it). I have ordered a new Clack drain fitting online--hopefully that fixes it!
  14. JedTheHumanoid

Water dripping from softener

Hi, wondering if anyone can help ID what is happening to cause the following problem. I have a Chlor-A-Soft Water Softener by Excalibur, installed about 6 years ago. We have it set to the approximate hardness in our region (20-24 gpg). Last weekend, I noticed that there was a large puddle of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks