Recent content by Jechow

1. Jechow

Re-piping 1980's home and looking at impovements

Thanks @Reach4 for your suggestions. I didn't think about a whole house filter but now I am.
  2. Jechow

Re-piping 1980's home and looking at impovements

I'm considering replacing the poly-b pipes in my home with PEX. What improvements should I consider? 1. I am considering getting full city pressure for my outside taps. 2. Is it useful having a water-pot tap near the stove? 3. Anything else? Thanks
  3. Jechow

Replace Crane sink with American Standard Sink

My existing sink is 21 1/4" including the rubber gasket. It looks like the hole in the countertop is wide and deep enough to expose the gasket from the underside. Does this mean that the hole is too big for the A/S Colony?
  4. Jechow

Sorry for leaving out those obvious details. Both sinks are counter top mounts (sits on the counter). I'm wonder what the pros do when a homeowner says they want to replace a builder Crane sink with say an American Standard Colony sink (0346)?
  5. Jechow

I have an old Crane sink that I would like to replace with an American Standard Sink. I know the width and depth of the two sinks but I'm not sure if the new sink will fit in the same hole because if the way it curves. I don't mind cutting a larger hole if necessary. I would prefer not to...
  6. Jechow

Will my toilet sweat?

I'm remodeling my ensuite and will need replacing the vanity. Currently the forced air supply comes up into the bottom cavity, fills the cavity and then passively comes out. With the replacement vanity, I'm planning to extend the pipe so that it's attached to a register on the kickboard. If I...
  7. Jechow

Grohflex max and min limits

It worked out and it was very close to the min marker when I trimmed off the excess blue housing.
  8. Jechow

Moen Bath tub handles moved on it's own

The hot and cold bath tub handles were pointing at the 6 o'clock position when at the off position. After my daughter took a bath, the hot is now at the 3 o'clock position when closed. What happened? Do I have a bad stem? Thanks
  9. Jechow

Can you loosen the flange bolts

I didn't install the flange bolts on one side of my toilet correctly. The washer and the protective plastic disc aren't aligned so I can't snap on the decorative white cap. Can I count the number of turns I need to undo the nut, align the washer and disc, and then retighten the bolt based on...
  10. Jechow

Any 1.6 g Totos?

Beside the Drake, is Toto currently making any other 1.6 gallon toilets? Thanks.
  11. Jechow

Old supply line rubber seal disintegating

Hello. I replaced my toilet but I didn't replace my old supply line. When I touched the rubber gasket, it was oily and when I filled the tank little black specks went into the tank. Is it common practice to replace the supply line or just the gasket? Can those little black specks clog the...
  12. Jechow

Size of nut and washer holding Toto tank to bowl

I incorrectly installed the Toto tank to the bowl. I forgot to put a washer and bolt on the underside of the tank. Does anyone know the size of the replacement bolt and washer I need to purchase?
  13. Jechow

Shimming and steps to install new toilet

For dyi'er, would you suggest that we figure out the size of the shim needed, cut to size, remove the toilet, and then tape the shim into place so that they don't move when the toilet is installed?
  14. Jechow

Shimming and steps to install new toilet

I've been watching videos on how to install toilets including the video by Jamie Love. I've noticed that he assembles the 2-piece toilet before placing down on the flange. Is there a potential issue if install the bowl first and then the tank? When do you shim the toilet? I've seen videos...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks