Recent content by Jddiy

1. J

Boiler losing pressure when cooling down, then overpressurize during heat cycle

Thanks everyone, the expansion tank was definitely bad. I should have checked that when I did the maintenance before firing the boiler up. Replaced it and everything is working great, no more air bubbles or water from the relief valve. Getting the old tank off the scoop was a real bear...
  2. J

Thanks all for the ideas and suggestions. Really appreciate the pointer toward the expansion tank. I didn't check that when I did the maintenance and turned the boiler back on, it makes sense that it would be involved in equalizing the pressure. I should also mention there is only one zone...
  3. J

Hi there, I have a hydronic boiler system in the basement with 5 rads on the first floor. It was out of commission for several years and I recently serviced it and brought it back online. I'm a DIYer for most things and am new to hydronic heat.I have a couple of issues I've noticed that I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks