Recent content by JD3263

1. JD3263

Recommendations for New Water Softener

If you have a moment, can you provide a HD or Lowes link for the adapters you were talking about, please? I can't seem to find them on either site. I'm able to find the MPT adapter with a slip-joint on the other end, but I can't find an adapter that is MPT on both sides - one to screw into the...
  2. JD3263

I hacked a little hole in the bottom of the box. The transformer seems to fit okay and I'm able to route the wires through while closing the lid. Looks like this will work. On another note, I was looking at the stainless steel 1" bypass valve that came with the unit and the inlet/outlet seems...
  3. JD3263

Finally getting a chance to get back to this... Based on our test results, A__a Sc____e recommended the following equipment: - Fleck 2510SXT Digital Control Softener - 10" x 54" - 48K Grain - Pentek 20" Big Blue Housing with a 5 Micron Poly String Filter 1. Does these seem like a good...
  4. JD3263

Water Leaking from AC Condensate Pan

Thanks for the info! I'll add the SafeTee switch. I was surprised to find out there wasn't one installed after I started researching my problem. Regarding the drain pipes, that was one of the first things I tried and I definitely got some gunk out, but the leaking was still happening. I used a...
  5. JD3263

Wow! I checked one toilet and it's terrible! Definitely some debris and slime, along with a soft algae-like buildup on the sides up to the water level. Our current water softener and brine tank hasn't really been functioning properly for a while.
  6. JD3263

I cleaned it about six months ago using foaming coil cleaner and a wire brush, but I did it all by reaching up from underneath the unit. It wasn't perfect due to the space restrictions, but it looks better than it did. I should probably clean it again, but the unit is running fine at the moment...
  7. JD3263

Is this a typical DIY job? I don't mind getting my hands dirty and prefer to do it myself if I can, but just wondering if any special tools are required, etc. to ensure it's done correctly. Do I need to remove the refrigerant in the system before disconnecting the coils (And then add refrigerant...
  8. JD3263

Hello, I plan on replacing my existing water softener and could use some help with recommended equipment for my scenario. We have rust colored staining on shower walls, toilets, etc. I'm looking for advice on a water softener as well as any filters, etc. to help address other issues. 3 Full...
  9. JD3263

Rheem Model: RCHL-48A1G MFG Date: 05/2009 Hello, I have a lot of water dripping onto the AC filter and from what appears to be the condensate tray. The AC blows cold air and seems to be functioning normally; it's just the leaking that's a problem. I used a shop vac on the drain pipes from...
  10. JD3263

Main Sewer Line Clog

Well, it's done. I really didn't have much luck with the manual auger. Tried going in a couple more times - once up through the main clean out and once back down the toilet pipe. I ended up renting one of the electric ones at Home Depot and had it cleared in less than an hour. Much, much easier...
  11. JD3263

Main Sewer Line Clog

I was considering renting one of those at Home Depot before I bought the cheap one. They're about $50 to rent.
  12. JD3263

Main Sewer Line Clog

After shoving 47 ft into the drain, the water level was barely visible at the 90, if at all. Then, after dumping all that water in the drain (There is actually about 2 inches left in the bucket), the water level came back up to about 6 inches from the top of the flange.
  13. JD3263

Main Sewer Line Clog

I just had another go with the snake and I have about 47 feet of it in the drain right now. I could see the water level drop over time but there was still some in there. I dumped the 5 gallon bucket of water down there and it's sitting at about 6 inches from the top of the flange again. The tub...
  14. JD3263

Main Sewer Line Clog

It's a single family residence, block walls, concrete slab. It took about 1 minute 55 seconds to fill the bucket to 2 inches below the lip. There's currently water sitting in the tub that won't drain. The water level in the toilet line is about 6-8 inches from the top of the flange.
  15. JD3263

Main Sewer Line Clog

So I pulled the toilet and slithered the snake down the line, but I'm not having any luck. I'm hitting a stopping point about 15ish feet in and can't seem to get past it. I'm not sure if it's just a junction point that the snake isn't getting around or if it's the culprit clog.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks