Recent content by JCar915

1. JCar915

DWV forced into place! I just want everyone's opinion on this!

That's my dilemma right now. I can set the tub and walk away because this is what he wanted, however I know it is going to leak, that's what will bother me. There is no convincing him to do it the other way unless it is an argument that could become bad blood. It's amazing that people think this...
  2. JCar915

I get it. It is hard to say when you aren't able to see it in person. The only thing I can say is that a pry bar had to be used to get the wedges in.
  3. JCar915

To say that these are forced into place is an understatement. On a scale of 1-10 how stressed are these fittings and how much longer before they fail?
  4. JCar915

So I am doing a job for a relative, older and to my surprise very stubborn about listening on how to do things correctly. He is 100% certain that there is absolutely nothing wrong with this mess and adamant that it will never leak, refuses to listen. I am conflicted on packing my shit and...
  5. JCar915

Can this be considered a wet vent or do the fixtures need vented individually?

Correct, it is not glued. The pipe sitting in there is vertical. I want to align the pipe with the elbow. Didn't know if it was ok to pull that elbow towards the pipe and cement it, or if it would put too much stress on the connections and cause problems in the future. Looking for any advice or...
  6. JCar915

I would like a little feedback on what to do in situations like this. Where pipes and fittings are slightly misaligned and what is acceptable. I have not run into this until now. This is a 4" pipe going down into a closet elbow. As you can see the elbow is slightly back and left. Can the elbow...
  7. JCar915

Thanks James. I'm actually using your diagram and it will work. The top of the existing is far enough down. This was actually about my upstairs shower. It has to be re routed since the stack is being pushed back. I was going to go under a duct into the stack.
  8. JCar915

Sorry about that. This is all I was trying to ask. I should have did it like this the first time. The black is the current plumbing how it is now. The red is the change in elevation I would like to make. I just wanted to make sure it was ok to change elevation like that in any run of horizontal...
  9. JCar915

Thanks everyone! I am getting all the fittings together to start working on this. I was laying everything out which leads me to another question. It should be a lot easier and hopefully the last one. It is related to creating sudden drops in elevation (like James's diagram) where the wye is...
  10. JCar915

Thanks, sorry if I overcomplicated that! I just wanted to make sure I understood what you were saying that the drawing and that all the fittings/elbows/adapters were correct. The angles are definitely wonky trying to draw it that way and led to miscommunication as well. I did understand what a...
  11. JCar915

Moving a toilet, need to plumb it

I have basic knowledge of plumbing and I created this account to ask questions so I wouldn't screw stuff up. So I wouldn't be able to help with that. What I can help with is cutting out a section of that joist. You absolutely will want to avoid it if possible but if you are set on it and don't...
  12. JCar915

These sketches should be much better than previous scribbling. Hopefully these are both error free and correct. If there is enough clearance to be above the existing, are these the 2 options you are explaining? Also is it better to use a wye combo than a wye by itself, or is it a preference? I...
  13. JCar915

Thanks so much! I was wanted to ask that but I didn't want to ask another dumb question. I am pretty sure I would have enough depth. If that is case, the shower drain is allowed to run over the top of the existing building drain? Is there a certain amount of distance they are required to be...
  14. JCar915

I didn't think it was. I felt pretty dumb to ask but I figured why not. Looking at the diagram I can say it was indeed a dumb question. Thanks for the quick response! Very much appreciated! My only problem is I was planning on moving the existing soil stack further back (closer to the wall). If...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks