Recent content by Jc60618

1. Jc60618

remodeling bathroom and have some questions

In Chicago every fixture has to be individually vented. According to your drawing the shower is wet vented. Your best solution is to rip everything out and start all over with a proper lay out ( piping in the wall, not coming thru the floor)
  2. Jc60618

lost for answers

It might be the kitchen faucet
  3. Jc60618

Options for a misaligned p-trap

If the drawer hits the p trap cut that back portion off.
  4. Jc60618

Options for a misaligned p-trap

Like HJ said the best thing to do is install a 1.5X1.25 trap adapter with a tubular p trap and then cut the shelf.
  5. Jc60618

Two wires

Am a plumber, the only electrical equipment I own is a craftsman multi-meter. I did take electric shop in high school six years ago and do know how to run wires to complete a circuit. I was just surprised to see that the hot and neutral wires were the same color.
  6. Jc60618

Two wires

I am replacing a ceiling fan, when I removed it I noticed no grounding wire just two wires which are the same color. Is there a way to find out which is the positive/hot wire?
  7. Jc60618

Does this toilet vent look OK?

The Illinois plumbing code allows homeowners to work on their own plumbing.
  8. Jc60618

toilet craftsmanship question

After 7 years my $70 Eljer toilet still flushes like a champ
  9. Jc60618

Shower head & Sink fixture recommendations?

The Moentrol valve is a popular choice.
  10. Jc60618

Need Advice on preventing drilling into Water Lines - Grab Bar Installation...

I would never install grab bars with "Toggle screw holds" especially into plaster. The proper way to install grab bars is to screw them into wood backing/blocking which should be secured to the framing.
  11. Jc60618

Sub floor sequencing

Yes you place the subfloor first then set the tub. Otherwise the tub will be sitting right on top of the joist rather than the subfloor. Also it is better to tile the room first then set the cabinets. If you set the cabinets first then tile, you will be spending more time cutting the tiles to...
  12. Jc60618

Chicago plumbing codes regarding dmv drain pipes using PVC as of 2010

PVC is only allowed in above ground residential applications 3 stories or less. PVC undergrounds are not allowed in Chicago.
  13. Jc60618

Threading PVC fitting into cast iron stack

I use teflon tape and Megalock pipe dope. I also would use a PVC schedule 80 male adapter instead of the regular one.
  14. Jc60618

Toto "Drake" Installation Question

I once had a black swann wax ring with out a horn and it was difficult to compress. I tossed it to the garbage got a different brand and it compressed fine.
  15. Jc60618

Connecting P-trap to drain for tub

Here in Chicago code says that when a p trap is used on a bath tub it shall be directly below the tub overflow without any offsets. However I have run into this problem in a large hotel remodel were this was not possible and had to offset. Sometimes you just have to make it work. If your going...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks