Recent content by Jbrk

1. Jbrk

Installing a Caroma Inivisi Wall Hung with Somerton Bowl

I came back to this post earlier today to reference something and realized I never posted the final photo. Here you go. Again, pissed that Caroma makes black button plates but not black somerton toilet bowls. Cheers, Jamie
  2. Jbrk

Tankless or Tank Decision time

I have an htp crossover wall unit. I like it so far. If I were to do it again, I'd probably go with a cheaper tankless unit and install larger buffer tank than what the crossover internal tank has. So with that I suggest tankless with a buffer tank. Or tanked with a higher btu rating and...
  3. Jbrk

Ideas for plugging a pipe below slab

Hi Bannerman, Not sure if you walk into plumbing supplys like noble (vs order in),But the staff don't give a shit about your plumbing problems... Wolseley is better, I usually use Next. I like their staff, they're good people. Nothing solved though, that's why I'm asking the guys in the...
  4. Jbrk

Hey WorthFlorida, I've thought of the fernco cap. The Problem it fits on the outside of the pipe, which means I have to chip away the concrete enough to expose the pipe. It means the final product will looks messy after I patch it. I've thought of using a test plug. Worried of it failing...
  5. Jbrk

I have a 2" and pipe sticking up in a finished space, that was once supposed to be for a vanity, is now not needed. I need to get rid of this thing.amd by get rid of I mean make it look nice. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to achieve this. My plan is to cut the pipe 2"...
  6. Jbrk

I maxed out the allowable pictures in the first post. Here is a picture of the toilet fully installed. I'll be adding 2" strips of maple with 1/4" reveal gaps on top of this black wall to make it a feature wall.
  7. Jbrk

Caroma Somerton Invisi Dual-flush Wall Hung Toilet I have installed a couple of these Australian toilets now, and to be honest it was a learning experience. This website has helped me out of jams before so since I have some spare time, I thought I'd give back to the community and anyone else...
  8. Jbrk

should I be worried about corrosion? 304SS to Brass

on the radiant side, it would be a total length of 36" maybe... I'm just doing it with stainless nipples and fittings. It's simply from the exchanger to the pump, then to the supply manifold. Then the return manifold to the expansion tank and back to the heat exchanger. Don't want to bother...
  9. Jbrk

Mliu, Thank you very much. Excellent info. The radiant side will be stainless to the pump and the manifold are stainless as well. Then it switches to pex from the manifold for the loops.
  10. Jbrk

Making Beer is too complicated for my blood. But really, it's not, of all the things I do make, I'm surprised I don't make beer. But for this, I am running a radiant floor heat/snow melt system. Normally I'd just use a combo boiler, but I decided to opt for a 200btu DHW heater and run an...
  11. Jbrk

I just picked up a duda energy heat exchanger. Was thinking about how I'm going to pipe it, I want to have it easily removable in case I need to swap it etc. So I'll have 1" SS nipples coming out the ports to Brass unions. And then I started thinking about dissimilar metals... So googled it and...
  12. Jbrk

Glue up or direct to stud - waterproofing seams?

Waterproof the walls, while you have the shower out. Redundancy is important for water issues like this. Either kerdi or redguard is fine. I'm partial to liquid applied membranes like redguard, mostly because I hate tiling and kerdi requires trowelling on mortar for the adhesion. But it still...
  13. Jbrk

New custom home build, need feedback

Next question after reading the entire thread: Why aren't there 40gal tanked units that have 199btu variable gas valves? I like tankless the practical use of endless hot water. I like tanked because it's more reliable. What am I missing here?
  14. Jbrk

New custom home build, need feedback

I'm more impressed with the 1-1/2"? Water supply line coming in to the mechanical room. My personal advice is to always upsize your gas main as high as possible. Ie when calling the gas service to run a new line, think of every possible gas appliance you could use in the future, and you'll get...
  15. Jbrk

Why not plumb all supply with 3/4 PEX?

I got caught once when I designed a double faucet lav and forgot to include an extra outlet at the manifolds. So I have 1" manifolds then a 1/2" outlet that tees to both faucets. So I get the annoyance of one faucet will effect the other when operating them both. Pipe size doesn't effect...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks