Recent content by jbradley2093

1. J

Two pressure switches on one system

I am working on a house with a old well that produces a great deal of sediment. This sediment and iron prematurely damaged the prior pressure tank and as a result and despite my explaining why it's dangerous to put a filter before the pressure switch, the owner had me install a10*4.5 sediment...
  2. J

Can the toilet wye 45 be connected at the top (90 degrees) in a wet vented bathroom?

I just thought I would update and say that here is the final mock up and it was just approved by the inspector. I noted the IPC with respect to the toilet connection and he was fine with it. He didn't seem to care so much about the text of the code as much as if the setup would work properly ...
  3. J

Can the toilet wye 45 be connected at the top (90 degrees) in a wet vented bathroom?

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately I cannot find a plumber willing to consult for a fee - I have an HVAC guy and Electrician doing so, but have struck out with plumbers. I NOW know the vent connection itself must enter below 45 degrees. I also I know what I did wrong for the shower and...
  4. J

The code diagrams show the wye connections directly on the side, however this will not work for my needs. The photo shows the toilet drain and represents what I'm talking about. This is a diy (permitted) bathroom install in an old house. I appreciate your time and input, it's greatly...
  5. J

Will this (toilet) vent design work and pass code?

I have made a drawing of what I had planned. Please forgive the poor quality. For easier understanding, I will refer to the pipe that runs along the LVL beam and eventually turns down 90 degrees vertical to the crawlspace - the section of pipe that all 3 fixtures tie into as "the main drain...
  6. J

Thank you for the reply. Can the vent go vertical to the bottom of the floor and run horizontal about a foot before turning truly vertical? It would run parallel to the 3" drain pipe for that foot and it would be above the center line of the 3" with the vent pipe sloped back to the wye. Meaning...
  7. J

Ill keep this as short as possible. First, its a DIY project. I have a permit. I am installing a new bathroom in an upstairs of a 75 year old house that previously had no plumbing upstairs. The floor joists are only 2x6 so there is very limited space for the 3" drain and no space to vent out of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks