Recent content by JayKuul

1. JayKuul

See you later, not goodbye!

Very sorry to hear of his passing, may he RIP. This forum will always be one of his legacies, I will miss him and his wisdom!
  2. JayKuul

Terry Love- cancer update

I've been coming here for many years now, the advice here is unmatched and I thank Terry for it. He'll be in my thoughts every time I think of anything plumbing related!
  3. JayKuul

Terry Love is dealing with some cancer now

Hope all is well these days, lets beat this!
  4. JayKuul

Rough in help

Its... challenging for sure... Drill holes all around through the lead to get a handle on it and pry out as much as you can.
  5. JayKuul

Stack Replace

For your critique Wayne, or anyone for that matter, all opinions welcome. Nothing is glued up, just the 4" cleanout..
  6. JayKuul

Stack Replace

Changed over the vent to recommended.. sry, I couldnt leave that 1.5" in, changed it all over to 2". Started the supply rough in first, before I can get to the DWV in the basement.
  7. JayKuul

Stack Replace

On a side note, when I remodeled my main bath about 15 years ago, this is what was behind the Lav :)
  8. JayKuul

Stack Replace

Much appreciated Wayne.. I may post some dry fits before glue up if you dont mind, when I'm ready if thats ok? Just so I get it right.
  9. JayKuul

Stack Replace

Correct on the stack drawing, that's my fault. It wont be directly inline but yes, that's where it is is. Not limited in any respect except, I've already glued up all that you see in the wall already, with 1.5. This vent in the wall was added from the original layout, which was only using the...
  10. JayKuul

Stack Replace

How about this? I can post some actual pics of the area as it now, if needed. The new stack will be offset from the main in the floor now, due to me building a new stud wall for the dwv. I'm not sure if how I've drawn is right, tying in the down vent to the shower arm as you wanted. Correct me...
  11. JayKuul

Stack Replace

Will do.. lemme get something together later with some crayons, when I get home from the office.. ;)
  12. JayKuul

Stack Replace

It is above the flood line, that much I learned from all you pros. The vent on the right, was the original 2" that supplied the whole stack at the end of the old stack. Thats the one you stated I need to tie in to the shower trap arm, if I want it done correctly.
  13. JayKuul

Stack Replace

Thx.. Does that vent and drain setup in pics look ok? I'll get a mockup as best I can soon, of the replacement stack.. The tie in to the vent to the shower arm, has got me perplexed.
  14. JayKuul

Stack Replace

Thanks Wayne and Jeff.. Question in regards to the WC choice.. You mentioned a combo, would that include a WYE with a street 45? In regards to the vent, I'll get some pics posted to find if I did it wrong but, I ran some of the plumbing above to tie the 1.5" lav to the 2" vertical vent. I had...
  15. JayKuul

Stack Replace

Thanks Wayne! Alas, I dont have a better pic of the shower wye, I believe the vent was just leaded into the end of the shower wye. I do plan to move the shower pan to drain to left, instead of the right as it was so, I may be able to do as you've suggested. As far as the WC, its odd as my main...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks