Recent content by Jayjayla

1. Jayjayla

Venting Bathroom through shower

That's what I figured, thanks Wayne. We're going to go all the way up with it and wrap the tile around all the way to the end of the bathroom. Then we can make it a standard opening size to get glass cheaper. I appreciate the help.
  2. Jayjayla

Hey Wayne, I think we're gonna take your advice and explore adding small walls between the WC and shower. The walls would be full height all the way to the ceiling so the vents can go straight up. Do you mind sketching that DWV layout differences? I'm sure you're drawing would be close to...
  3. Jayjayla

Thanks Wayne. Simple enough to do it your way, I think its a good option. I appreciate you taking a look.
  4. Jayjayla

Hey Wayne...so the trough drains are a bit more of a pain to rough in in a slab so that's why I always shy away from them. It seems like I'm always a little bit off even on the center drains but its easy to fix when I build my shower pans. Are you saying that and the little solid wall between...
  5. Jayjayla

Thanks a ton Wayne. I've gotta head out for the rest of the day, I will take a look at this tonight when my brain is working better. Thanks again
  6. Jayjayla

This is how I would assume it has to be done. Two separate shower drain/vents and two separate 3" branch lines down to the main. If there is a way to simplify it and get rid of one of the separate 3" branch lines that would be great. I think that would be pretty simple with a crawlspace but...
  7. Jayjayla

Not sure how clear my drawing is so I figured I'd answer your questions. Main 3" drain runs basically down the center of the building to pick up the half bath, washer and utility sink on the bottom and the full bath and possible second full bath above. Kitchen is on the far end of the building...
  8. Jayjayla

Valid but at the end of the day its not rocket science if you're prepared. I've done it multiple times but its one of those things that I only do every few years so I have to get back up to speed on all the nuances. People on this site have always been a huge help.
  9. Jayjayla

Correct, rough in under slab dwv. Let me sketch it out and re-upload if you're willing to take a look. Thanks Wayne.
  10. Jayjayla

Ok, thanks Wayne. That seems easy, just set it up how I was describing but go up from a Sani-tee at the lav. If I can ask one more question. I'm building a small house and thinking about roughing in basically the same bathroom on the other side of the wall so the garage could be converted...
  11. Jayjayla

Hey guys....wondering if somebody can help me out with some DWV stuff. My shower is at the end of my bathroom and I'm wondering if I can vent the entire bathroom off the shower? I guess that would be wet venting the bathroom but I've only seen it done through the lav. Thanks for any info you...
  12. Jayjayla

Help with DWV Layout in residential new construction

Hello, I am building my own home in rural Idaho. I am looking for some expert feedback regarding the DWV layout I have drawn up for the place. I attempted to post this a few days ago, but did a bad job getting a good pic of the layout posted with this request. I'm hopeful I am doing a better...
  13. Jayjayla

Please Help: DWV Layout design for new construction.

trying to attach a pic of the plan that is legible!
  14. Jayjayla

Please Help: DWV Layout design for new construction.

I appreciate your response and concern... and I agree. Underdsab work can go bad in so many ways. This isn't my first experience. My dad was a plumber so I am well versed in a lot more ways than the average non-pro. I spent my childhood working alongside him. I have also done other under slab...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks