Recent content by jasontf

1. jasontf

ProPEX / Uponor question on tub spout

I have read in several locations that you cannot connect a tub spout with a diverter to PEX. The explanation that is usually given is that the inside diameter of PEX+fittings is smaller than copper and it will result in water going up and leaking out of the shower head when the diverter is set...
  2. jasontf

changing house supply connection

I can't get a picture now. It's an old house. I have 3/4" soft copper to a compression fitting, then a threaded gate valve (1"), then a galvanized union (1"), then a short galvanized nipple (1"), and a galvanized tee to go into the house (1") and into a hose bib(1/2").
  3. jasontf

changing house supply connection

I need to change my main house shutoff from a gate valve to a ball valve. I have 3/4" soft copper coming in and 1" galvanized pipe inside. What is the best way to make this connection?
  4. jasontf

Water Supply Connection for House and Irrigation

My full connection would work like this: 3/4" copper pipe to compression fitting, then SCH 80 PVC union, then SCH 80 PVC tee to house and irrigation. On the irrigation side, then a brass strainer, PVC connection to a pressure vacuum breaker, then 1" SCH 40 PVC to irrigation valves. I...
  5. jasontf

Water Supply Connection for House and Irrigation

I'm installing an irrigation system and I need to replace the tee that goes into my house to use one side for my sprinklers (instead of an existing hose bib). The existing installation is 3/4" copper pipe (from the meter) to a compression fitting, then the main shutoff 1", then a galvanized...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks