Recent content by Jasonmcl

1. Jasonmcl

Gas Supply to Grill

Plumber came out yesterday. He is going to tie in before the regulator in the attic, place a regulator at the stub on patio, and then run 40' of 3/4 plastic tubing to the the grill. Also I added the stub to the patio 10 years ago when I built the house thinking I may one day add a natural gas...
  2. Jasonmcl

Gas Supply to Grill

I would definately have a plumber install if a new tie in needs to be added. I am just trying to determine my capabilites.
  3. Jasonmcl

Gas Supply to Grill

Based on charts and the 1/2 psi after the regulator I don't think it will be enough for an 85 ft run Can I tie into the gas line before the regulator in the attic and then add a regulator at the grill? The higher pressure should allow the BTUs needed.
  4. Jasonmcl

Gas Supply to Grill

I would like to add a 90,000 BTU natural gas grill to my patio. I already have a 1/2” stub on the patio that is 85 feet from the manifold. The piping is 1/2” and is run out of Parker PGP-8 flexible piping. My main gas meter indicates 5 psig and is run to a Maxitrol 325-5A regulator through...
  5. Jasonmcl

Toilet flange help???

Should the toilet flange sit on top of the ceramic tile or on top of the backerboard? If I raise the flange too high I am afraid that I might not have to much more than an inch to glue. What do you guys think?
  6. Jasonmcl

2nd Floor plumbing plan

This is a plumbing plan for my attic addition and would like your opinion. I have limited space below the floor is the reasoning for using a 45 degree toilet flange. I have about a 25' run before the line goes vertical into the main line under the slab. The city inspector already hinted that...
  7. Jasonmcl

Strange leak from washing machine

Sounds like the pump I had the same problem and it ended up being the pump. I replaced it myself for $40. Look for corrosion on the motor shaft connected to the pump to be sure.
  8. Jasonmcl

Gas Water Heater Suggestion?

I have three bathrooms, three kids and a huge tub that the wife uses daily. The 50 gallon 5 year old 40K BTU State water heater is completely exhausted after filling the tube. My thoughts are a 40 or 50 in series or purchase a 65 or 75 quick recovery. What are your suggestions on size and...
  9. Jasonmcl

Attic Bath Diagram

Could someone have a look and let me know what they think. Please ignore the bad art work. thanks
  10. Jasonmcl

Minimum Floor Space Under Fixtures

I am adding a bathroom with a sink, toilet, and tub to some existing space in my attic. Currently the 2nd floor will be 18 inches from the floor below. A 3 inch drain line will have to run 30 feet horizontal and then vertical into the slab. The entire run for the 3 inch drain will consume 7...
  11. Jasonmcl

Tunnel under concrete slab

I want to add a bathroom to a bonus room upstairs. My options for tying into the main drain in the slab are not good. Looks like the best thing is to run a drain down through the garage busting up the slab and then tunneling over to a closet that is 10ft away and then bust up the slab again...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks